AMD Ryzen 3000 series kernel patches

I'm running a new Ryzen 3000 series system on Unraid 6.8.0 and can not query the systems temperature sensors using the Dynamix - System Temp plugin.  After a little digging, I found users Skitals and Leoyzen made kernels forking 6.8.0-RC5 to support this features (as well as others).  I'd like to see the Linux kernel patches for the k10temp and nct6775 make it into the next Unraid RC build to support users of this platform and CPU architecture. 

Note, my Realtek R8125 on my ASUS ROG Strix x570-E seems to be working with the out-of-tree drivers and I don't seem to have the VFIO bug that is referenced in the 2nd thread on my 6.8.0-stable system.

References:

Thank You!

-JesterEE

Edited by JesterEE
Added reference to Skitals kernel build
  • Like 7
15 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Can't speak for the other driver, but nct6775 is working on 6.7.2, are you sure it's gone in 6.8 ?

EDIT: I believe this is specific to x570/Zen 3000 units.  If your sig is current, this will not apply to your system.

No joy.  Loading both drivers in the System Temperature plugin results in no entries being added in the sensors pull downs.  Running

sensors -s

from the CLI results in a "No sensors found" message.

I migrated from a i7 with Unraid 6.7.2/6.8.0 and this was not an issue with that architecture (obviously, different sensors apply to this build, so not apples to apples).

Additional references:

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/temperature-system-monitoring-for-ryzen-3000-and-x570-motherboards-in-linux/145548

https://github.com/ocerman/zenpower

-JesterEE

Edited by JesterEE
Clarification
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, juan11perez said:

@JesterEE

Im using a 3900X with an Asus x470-f gaming. With unraid 6.8.0rc7 i get cpu temp but no motherboard. With 6.8 stable nothing.

That's interesting! This was the last release that was on the 5.4 kernel before 6.8-RC releases were reverted to the 4.19 kernel. So, maybe, the CPU monitoring patches have already been applied, but not all the appropriate patches for temperature monitoring of the x470/x570 boards were incorporated. Even more reason for this feature request! @juan11perez thanks for sharing!

-JesterEE

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Hovering here too with interest.

I've got an Asrock taichi x570 with 3950x processor, and a Gigabyte Titan Ridge TB3 controller (detects and works fine in baremetal windows). As the 3950x doesn't have a discrete GPU, I have a nvidia GT710 in pcie slot 1, being used by the OS currently, but I ideally want to use that in a Mac Catalina VM later. Most things working pretty well so far for me, and I have some nct6775 and nct6796 sensor detection working with the dynamix plugin on unraid 6.8.1-rc1, although not thoroughly checked them yet.

However I want to get my tb3 egpu nvidia 1080ti connected up to my windows VM like I did before when using unraid on my previous NAS (repurposed 2017 i7 4400k QNAP box with alpine ridge TB3 controller cards).

On that Intel machine, unraid just had the gfx card showing in the IOMMU group as a device in its own right. I was then able to passthru it into Windows directly as a pci-e device (windows knew nothing about the thunderbolt bit) and get full acceleration no problem. That was quite cool.

I'm not sure how unraid was able to detect the gfx card at boot when I couldn't get thunderbolt to work on my new x570 box until I updated to 6.8.1-rc1 released yesterday, which adds kernel support for thunderbolt and thunderbolt networking (another thing of great interest to me so I can do super fast file transfers to my Mac laptop over thunderbolt). Maybe the BIOS was presenting these devices as straight PCIE devices somehow? dunno..

So right now I can't see the egpu-based graphics card in any IOMMU group yet, so I can't attach it to the VM as I did before. I tried to attach the whole controller, but still couldn't get the display to bring up the BIOS or Windows boot, although the vm does seem to run ok otherwise.

I'm wondering if getting boltd/boltctl into the mix will help that? It seems like its the missing link between device detection and registration onto IOMMU although I'm not certain about that.

I'd quite like to see these patches in this thread go into 6.8.1-rc2 along with boltd/boltctl .. that could be pretty useful to me and a few others trying to get tb3 working properly in unraid. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Asus Prime x570 Pro

Dynamix detects "k10temp nct6775" when I click load driver console throws the following error, nothing shows up in drop-downs.

Apr 25 14:57:57 Tower kernel: ACPI Warning: SystemIO range 0x0000000000000295-0x0000000000000296 conflicts with OpRegion 0x0000000000000290-0x0000000000000299 (\AMW0.SHWM) (20180810/utaddress-204)

Few threads suggesting this be added to kernel in 6.9 https://github.com/electrified/asus-wmi-sensors

• 1 month later...

Since upgrading to 6.9.0 beta 22 i have all my temps but can anyone please tell me the difference between k10temp Tctl & Tccd??? bit unclear on which ones for what at the moment i have tccd set as motherboard and tctl set as cpu? is this correct???

Edited by Dava2k7
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...