VM Backup Plugin

1 hour ago, Elmojo said:

July 11, one page back from this one.  The post you see at the top of the page is a pinned post.

I see no mention anywhere that dja was taking over from jtok, and the github shows jtok as the sole contributor. Just because I recommended a post as useful and pinned it doesn't mean dja has any input in the project. jtok has read the forums in the last year, but hasn't posted since March of last year. Safe to assume they don't want to interact here for now, until they say otherwise.

Unless someone wants to fork the code and start maintaining it, you are stuck with what you have now.

• Like 1

I have discovered what I think may be a bug with this plugin.

I'm sure this one could be a simple fix but its possible I might be missing something.

Using 2 for this field allows the plugin to work as expected.

for some reason I cannot select 1 backup for the amount of copies as I only want one backup and then I use other tools to ship a copy encrypted offsite.

Please see below how it turns read then will not allow you apply 1 even thought the vm only has 1 vdisk.

You cannot proceed and press apply when its red.

image.thumb.png.d1dbe4cdbfd3f0cd3ccfe965fbb2dcc7.png

6 minutes ago, IronBeardKnight said:

I have discovered what I think may be a bug with this plugin.

I'm sure this one could be a simple fix but its possible I might be missing something.

Using 2 for this field allows the plugin to work as expected.

for some reason I cannot select 1 backup for the amount of copies as I only want one backup and then I use other tools to ship a copy encrypted offsite.

Please see below how it turns read then will not allow you apply 1 even thought the vm only has 1 vdisk.

You cannot proceed and press apply when its red.

image.thumb.png.d1dbe4cdbfd3f0cd3ccfe965fbb2dcc7.png

I believe the issue could be on line 299 of https://github.com/JTok/unraid.vmbackup/blob/v0.2.2/source/Vmbackup1Settings.page although this pattern string does not make much sense to me anyway, does    ^(0|([1-9]))$   not work?

image.thumb.png.3273c65b30856add4b31370d1e48e98f.png

On 8/26/2022 at 3:15 AM, Revan335 said:

I can't configure the Default Profile Settings!

The changes are not saved by clicking on Apply. Other Settings, Danger Zone are saved here changes by clicking on Apply.

And the Backup Now Button doesn't work.

same problem for me. Once i click the apply and refresh the page, all the configs just gone, making this plugin unusable.

unraid 6.10.3

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're trying to say...

On 4/27/2022 at 2:02 PM, spoke2018 said:

hello , I have the same problem , script working well 1 day and after i see : User script file does not exist. Exiting.

With a own Profile we have this Error. This is not by the Default Profile on my main Server. This is working.

On the Backup Server, we have this error, that are not saving the Settings on the

7 hours ago, Teven Feng said:

same problem for me. Once i click the apply and refresh the page, all the configs just gone, making this plugin unusable.

unraid 6.10.3

On 8/25/2022 at 9:15 PM, Revan335 said:

I can't configure the Default Profile Settings!

The changes are not saved by clicking on Apply. Other Settings, Danger Zone are saved here changes by clicking on Apply.

And the Backup Now Button doesn't work.

On 5/12/2022 at 6:54 AM, Revan335 said:

Selbst wenn man die Konfig löscht und nur noch Default nutzt, bekommt man die Meldung.

Mit Default gibt es keine Meldung. Allerdings scheint die alte Konfig noch irgendwo im Planer zu stecken weil diese weiterhin die Meldung auslöst.

Event: Unraid Status
Subject: VM Backup plugin
Description: cannot run /boot/config/plugins/vmbackup/configs/Test/
Importance: warning

2022-05-12 00:30 User script file does not exist. Exiting.

Was aber diesmal Sinn macht, weil man die Konfig ja gelöscht hat. Nur wie bekommt man die wieder aus dem Planer raus?

Ok, I understand. It seems you are having trouble getting the plugin to work. I would suggest you uninstall it. 
You can try to follow the instructions again in the help documentation. It's working for me,  but it does not work on some people's servers, unfortunately.

Today plugin finish with error for one of my VMs. The error is:

2022-09-05 06:05:06 information: able to perform snapshot for disk /mnt/user/domains/win10/C_windows.qcow2 on win10. use_snapshots is 1. vm_state is running. vdisk_type is qcow2
2022-09-05 06:05:06 information: qemu agent found. enabling quiesce on snapshot.
error: operation failed: failed to format image: 'Could not resize image: Failed to grow the L1 table: Invalid argument'

2022-09-05 06:05:08 failure: snapshot command failed on C_windows.snap for win10.
2022-09-05 06:05:08 warning: snapshot_fallback is 1. attempting backup for win10 using fallback method.
2022-09-05 06:05:08 information: skip_vm_shutdown is false. beginning vm shutdown procedure.
2022-09-05 06:05:08 infomration: win10 is running. vm desired state is shut off.
Domain 'win10' is being shutdown

Google doesn't want to talk to me this time...

Can someone cast some light on this for me ?

It was the path to the vdisk from the xml, strangly it was working with mnt/user till now, cat figure it out what change. I have 2 other VMs that still work with /mnt/user and not /mnt/disk/.

Edited by ilarion
solved
  • 2 weeks later...

When following dja's manual restore method from the VM backup it specefies a path in step 3 
/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/ for the FD file.

I dont seem to have a libvirt folder in my /etc directory. Did something change with the versions or could I possibly be looking in the wrong location? The only location I have found the libvirt directory in is part of the mnt/usr/system/ path.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I just used this plugin for the first time. First appearances suggest that it all worked as it should, but I did receive a notification that there was an error. I checked the log and I’ll be buggered if I can see the issue. I feel really stupid but I just can’t find what the error is.

I’ve attached the log file in the hope that someone with better eyes than me can have a look and hopefully find what the problem was.

thanks in advance!

20221012_0041_unraid-vmbackup_error.log

• 2 weeks later...