I ask for your help.

My current configuration is:

Parity disk 8TB - Seagate IRONWOLF

HDD 1 - WD RED 4TB

HDD 2 - WD RED 4TB

HDD 3 - WD RED 4TB

HDD 4 - WD RED 4TB

HDD 5 - WD WHITE LABEL 8TB

I wanted to change HDD 1 because it started to report several reading errors even if the "ball" is still green.

I bought a new 8TB HDD to replace HDD 1.

I followed the usual procedure:

. stop array

. put NO DEVICE on HDD 1

. POWER DOWN SERVER

I replaced HDD 1 with the new 8TB HDD POWER ON and ... nothing does not start, it does not boot. I tried them all. If instead I mount the new HDD 8TB as a new disk instead of physically replacing HDD 1 Unraid part and sees it very well, it also makes me select it instead of HDD 1.

But I really wanted to put it physically in place of HDD 1 and maybe after calmly do tests on the old 4TB damaged. Why don't you let me do it? I thought I selected it from the usual drop-down menu and instead it didn't really start.

Is it because I haven't done the PRECLEAR yet on the new 8TB HDD?

Or else?

Thanks in advance for the help.

The server does not boot, or rather, it starts but does not arrive in unraid.

I can't publish the diagnostics because I never get inside unraid to be able to see it.

The only thing I can do is leave the new 8TB hdd physically connected to a new SATA 3 port and then select it in the HDD 1 slot and let it rebuild the disk.

Doing so I respect all the positions of the slots of the various HDDs and should not lose the data ..... right?

If I change the physical connections to the SATA ports of the disks in Unraid but I always respect the slot positions everything remains intact ..... right?

Thanx.

Edited by Zippi