SOLVED Help! My files are missing...

Just in the process of migrating data from my old unraid server to my new one.  I'm doing it disk by disk via Krusader, but I've run into problems on one of the disks.

It's a 2TB disk formatted as reiserfs (it's an old server) - it's showing 500GB free, so 1.5TB used, but when I navigate to the disk through ANY means, I can only see some of the files.

The folder structure is:

HD (files showing)

TV (empty)

Ultra HD (empty)

Looking at the disk share in windows, there are no files.  Navigating via network in windows shows no files.  Navigating via the web gui - /mnt/disk13 also shows the same, but the disk in unraid show 1.5TB, as it does in windows.

Any ideas?  I'm stumped....

Before anyone asks, I've not accidentally deleted files from those folders.  Krusader shows one of the folders hasn't been modified for 4 years, and the other was modified 3 months ago.

I nearly rebooted the server but thought I should get some advice on here before I do anything.

Edited by MrGrumpie

You should post your system diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) to your NEXT post so we can see what is going on.

If you have added the disk to the Unraid array then try clicking on the drive on the Main tab anb selecting the option to run a File System check.  Post the results of such a check.

• Thanks 1

File system check results:

reiserfsck 3.6.27 Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md13 Will put log info to 'stdout' ########### reiserfsck --check started at Thu Dec 19 11:09:59 2019 ########### Replaying journal: Replaying journal: Done. Reiserfs journal '/dev/md13' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed Checking internal tree.. finished Comparing bitmaps..finished Checking Semantic tree: finished No corruptions found There are on the filesystem: Leaves 370543 Internal nodes 2234 Directories 510 Other files 2695 Data block pointers 374539709 (0 of them are zero) Safe links 0 ########### reiserfsck finished at Thu Dec 19 11:26:46 2019 ###########

tower-diagnostics-20191219-1131.zip

Hmm I think Krusader and unraid are reporting incorrect file sizes on the disk.  There are 71 items in the HD folder, and @ 1.4TB that works out just under 20GB a file, which looks correct....so I'm not sure there's a problem anywhere!  I don't understand why unraid is reporting 500GB total size though?

Just checked and unraid is only calculating the single files, not bluray folder structures.  Panic over, all files are fine :)

Edited by MrGrumpie