Unraid 6.8 docker (domains) networking issue and vm (pfsense) startup issue

Mlatx

Hi All,

I upgraded to version 6.8 this morning.  I was running pfsense in a vm as my primary router and decided to switch configuration where I would run my backup separate box as my router and the vm as my backup.  I was unable to hit any of my dockers that were using letsencrypt as the reverse proxy.  I have my own domains setup.  So I thought maybe it was the switch to my physical pfsense router.  I tried to switch back to the vm, but it would not boot up and kept hanging before the startup screen (there is another post on this).  The main issue for me was not being able to access my dockers.  

So I reverted back to 6.7.2.  The pfsense VM starts and works accordingly.  Now running my primary or my backup pfsense I am able to hit my dockers by their URL.  What is causing this issue in version 6.8?  

• Like 1

The only "special" line in your go file is (not sure why you have this, it isn't needed to run docker)

cp /boot/custom/docker-shell /usr/local/bin

If you are using this script then it requires execution rights now otherwise delete the above line.

Add the following line after the copy command

chmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-shell

The diagnostics of Unraid 6.8 may show more.

Edited by bonienl

I took that line out.  Here are the Unraid 6.8 diagnostics.  pfsense is still not booting up in 6.8.  I've shared a screenshot on where it is stuck.  Regarding using my backup pfsense box, it seems to be the culprit to accessing docker containers through letsencrypt.  I don't know why as the configs are the same.  I guess I'll post in the netgate forum.  

pfsense hang.png

diagnostics.zip