Parity check causing crash

Gizo

This is my first build, After setting everything up and doing my first parity check after hours it was unresponsive and crashed. I tried to run another parity check over the night and the same thing happened. I was able to get a the second syslog from the terminal. Here are my spec if it helps

Gigabyte B450M DS3H

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

LSI 9201-8i (it mode)

1x Samsung SSD 860 EVO  500GB (cache)

1x Shucked Seagate 5tb (1 disk)

2x Shucked WD Easystore 8tb (1 disk, 1 parity)

EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1 GB Video Card

Thermaltake Smart 500w psu

Thanks

gizbo-diagnostics-20191219-0021.zip syslog

12 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Ryzen on Linux can lock up due to issues with c-states, make sure bios is up to date, then look for "Power Supply Idle Control" (or similar) and set it to "typical current idle" (or similar), or completely disable C-sates.

More info here:
https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/670-rc1-system-hard-lock-r354/

Unfortunately I already have C-state set to disabled and Power Supply Idle set to typical current idle. Was hoping it would be that simple.

Edited by Gizo
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a random crash today while moving some files to my multimedia share. After the unclean reboot the usual parity check started, 60% in another crash happened. Was running for 9 days roughly before the first crash. I've attached a the diagnostic that a ran after unclean reboot and and diagnostic I just ran. And also the syslog saved to flash

gizbo-diagnostics-20191230-2308.zip gizbo-diagnostics-20191230-1127.zip syslog_12-21-to-12-30