[Support] Electric Brain Unraid API

2 hours ago, ElectricBrainUK said:

Hmm, everything looks correct - do the mqtt topics continue to be updated? I may have to try and replicate this as the hide function has always worked in the past and I don't really know why it isn't for you sorry

Yes, the topics come back every time I start the API. I deleted all topics via command line

mqtt-forget -u mqtt://192.168.2.254 -t '#' -f

I tested it even on my mini test server, with the same result. All docker container gets reported with the config and the status topic. :/

It would be awesome, if you could look into this.

tnxs greetz

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh install of the plugin - docker

fresh install of Homeassistant - docker

fresh install of MQTT - docker

only thing i get to see are the docker containers. 
yeN5v02.png

it wont show me the VM's 
However, when i go to the GUI, i see and interact with the VM's just fine

APWBLM1.png

im clueless, wtf is going on

MQTTlogs.txt

Edited by okkies
Added the MQTT logs
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 12:00 AM, TobiDev said:

I finally found a fix for all people with the 503 error!

Unraid is blocking an IP after to many wrong attempts and if u have entered the wrong credentials more then 3 times u will get blocked from unraid! I was sitting on this for more than 6 hours but now its working. To remove the block u have to delete a file.

Its stored under /var/log/pwfail/ and in this folder there is an file with the internal ip of the docker just delete that over ssh and it should work! Hope it helps! :D

This fixed my 503 issue. Thanks!

• Like 2
On 11/6/2021 at 4:23 PM, Jokerigno said:

Hi all,

after a reboot all dockers seems to be offline in Home Assistant. But becomes available after a while (1 h or so).

Anyone has a suggestion?

Hey - you should check your MQTTCacheTime variable - it wont update all the topics until that time elapses (default is 1 hour) as this saves spamming your home assistant

• Like 1
Hey - you should check your MQTTCacheTime variable - it wont update all the topics until that time elapses (default is 1 hour) as this saves spamming your home assistant

Ok it make sense.

Thank you for your feedback .

It can be set to somehow save (retain?) last status so it is maintained at reboot?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello All. I am trying to install the Unraid_API so that that I can see my dockers and VMs on UUD, however, i keep getting 

Get VM Details for ip: 192.168.1.249 Failed
Request failed with status code 503
Get Main Details for ip: 192.168.1.249 Failed

what am i doing wrong as my setup is the following:

Key 1: ip address to server

Key 2: port 1883

Key 3: username to server

Key 4: password to server

Key 5: homeassistant

Key 6: config

Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing or installing?

Hello. I have installed unraid-api docker on home assistant. The GUI (192.168.x.x:3005) does not start and gives me an error.

"Server error

An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details."

This is the registry log:

> [email protected] start > cross-env NUXT_HOST=0.0.0.0 NUXT_PORT=80 NODE_ENV=production node server/index.js READY Server listening on http://0.0.0.0:80

ERROR Renderer resources are not loaded! Please check possible console errors and ensure dist (/app/.nuxt/dist/server) exists.

at VueRenderer.renderRoute (node_modules/@nuxt/vue-renderer/dist/vue-renderer.js:4440:17)

at VueRenderer.renderRoute (node_modules/@nuxt/vue-renderer/dist/vue-renderer.js:4428:21)

at async nuxtMiddleware (node_modules/@nuxt/server/dist/server.js:140:20)

Any idea to understand the cause of the problem?

Hi all

@Jokerignoi I don't have a way to save the state right now but I can look into it. Though I'm not sure how it would work

@tasmith88 Those fields are for the mqtt broker, you need to open the UI of the API and connect your server there

@giustancas Sorry but the API installed via home assistant is not working well and I don't have time to support it I'm afraid - I'd recommend using the docker on unraid rather than on the homeassistant itself

23 hours ago, ElectricBrainUK said:

Hi all

@Jokerignoi I don't have a way to save the state right now but I can look into it. Though I'm not sure how it would work

@tasmith88 Those fields are for the mqtt broker, you need to open the UI of the API and connect your server there

@giustancas Sorry but the API installed via home assistant is not working well and I don't have time to support it I'm afraid - I'd recommend using the docker on unraid rather than on the homeassistant itself

Appreciate the info. When I do, it does not bring up the VMs or the dockers. Any help in getting this to work would be great. Is there a step by step guide to putting this together?

• 1 month later...

I cant get the webui to toggle any of the docker containers or vms nothing shows up in the log unless i try to toggle them via mqtt

> [email protected] start
> cross-env NUXT_HOST=0.0.0.0 NODE_ENV=production node server/index.js

WARN mode option is deprecated. You can safely remove it from nuxt.config

Connected to mqtt broker

READY Server listening on http://0.0.0.0:80

Received MQTT Topic: homeassistant/zuse/binhex-prowlarr/dockerState and Message: stopped assigning ID: MQTT-R-kxk4ov41
Part of MQTT-R-kxk4ov41 failed.

I am running Version: 6.10.0-rc2, is there another spot for log details other than just clicking on the container and selecting log?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 8:28 AM, BigWebstas said:

I cant get the webui to toggle any of the docker containers or vms nothing shows up in the log unless i try to toggle them via mqtt

> [email protected] start
> cross-env NUXT_HOST=0.0.0.0 NODE_ENV=production node server/index.js

WARN mode option is deprecated. You can safely remove it from nuxt.config

Connected to mqtt broker

READY Server listening on http://0.0.0.0:80

Received MQTT Topic: homeassistant/zuse/binhex-prowlarr/dockerState and Message: stopped assigning ID: MQTT-R-kxk4ov41
Part of MQTT-R-kxk4ov41 failed.

I am running Version: 6.10.0-rc2, is there another spot for log details other than just clicking on the container and selecting log?

I'm also struggling from the same error, whenever i try to turn off/on a docker container from either webUI or homeassistant. 

Hello everyone!

I tried the beta and would like to give my feedback on it.
What immediately struck me was that the surface was made with good will, but without UX, just practical - even technology freaks love good UX.

I entered my access data, so you could hide the password field for MQTT in the template.

The connection to the Unraid server was there immediately and worked flawlessly (internally even using 172.20.x.1).

In the Home Assistant, all switches were displayed, but the status was not correct.
After I started a Docker via HA, it was displayed correctly. Maybe I'm extreme with my 60 Docker, but if the name can be read out, the status should be delivered with it.

The documentation: I don't understand, maybe you should set up the API documentation properly here - Swagger - OpenAPI 3.0 etc.

The approach is great, the only thing missing is implementation.
Unfortunately, since I haven't seen an update in the repository for over 10 months, I removed the container again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and thank you for this project, it's very handy !

I have a HUGE amount of DNS query done by the docker to hassio and  hassio.lan.

around two per second :

image.thumb.png.df2c4e4d3c4acad25ec4a11ea4e7ab28.png

however I am not using the project for HA, I only use it using telegraf to log the data.
How do i remove this query ?

Thanks

Hi all,

Ive been off for a while so will reply to all the messages Ive missed in this message:

Jokingero I dont think so currently, but I will look into it.

@tasmith88 There is some details here: https://github.com/ElectricBrainUK/UnraidAPI but appreciate that it may not be sufficient, if so feel free to jump on our discord and I can walk you through it. (Link for the discord is in the original post to this thread)

@BigWebstas @DTMHibbertis there anything in your Unraid Server logs? Are you able to control VMs? Has it ever worked?

@Juan Manuel Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. I did start work on a completely reworked UI/UX but I havent had time to finish it, and as the only developer I doubt I will any time soon to be honest.

@LaVerte Have you got the hassio in the mqttBrokerField? If you have anything in any MQTT Environment variable field and you arent using MQTT Id delete them

@Jurak Can you see your VMs? Did you use the root user? Is there any errors in either the unraid api logs or the unraid server logs?

13 minutes ago, willnnotdan said:

@Jurak Can you see your VMs? Did you use the root user? Is there any errors in either the unraid api logs or the unraid server logs?

Dont have VM's at this time. Had to rebuild Unraid a few weeks ago and have not gotten to redoing my VM's. In the Unraid-api logs its failing to get any info with a 503 error code. Everything is failing with that error code. Yes I logged in with root.

Get Docker Details for ip: 192.168.1.79 Failed

Edit- updated with more info

Edited by Jurak
28 minutes ago, Jurak said:

Dont have VM's at this time. Had to rebuild Unraid a few weeks ago and have not gotten to redoing my VM's. In the Unraid-api logs its failing to get any info with a 503 error code. Everything is failing with that error code. Yes I logged in with root.

Get Docker Details for ip: 192.168.1.79 Failed

Edit- updated with more info

Thanks for the details, when you access the unraid server through the UI do you do it with the IP (192.168.1.79) or with the unraid address (UUID.unraid.net)?

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Jurak said:
42 minutes ago, willnnotdan said:

Thanks for the details, when you access the unraid server through the UI do you do it with the IP (192.168.1.79) or with the unraid address (UUID.unraid.net)?

The IP address

just used the UUID.unraid.net and its working now. Thanks

• Like 1
23 hours ago, willnnotdan said:

Hi all,

Ive been off for a while so will reply to all the messages Ive missed in this message:

Jokingero I dont think so currently, but I will look into it.

@tasmith88 There is some details here: https://github.com/ElectricBrainUK/UnraidAPI but appreciate that it may not be sufficient, if so feel free to jump on our discord and I can walk you through it. (Link for the discord is in the original post to this thread)

I appreciate it. I have gone on the discord, however haven't received any help in getting all of the together as I would like to utilize UUD 1.6 to its full capacity. I appreciate it. I am open to however you want to walk me through it.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:05 PM, tasmith88 said:

I appreciate it. I have gone on the discord, however haven't received any help in getting all of the together as I would like to utilize UUD 1.6 to its full capacity. I appreciate it. I am open to however you want to walk me through it.

What was your discord username? I thought I'd replied to all of the active chats but may have missed you sorry.

I am not familiar with UUD though as that is developed by a separate group

On 1/27/2022 at 4:27 PM, willnnotdan said:

@BigWebstas @DTMHibbertis there anything in your Unraid Server logs? Are you able to control VMs? Has it ever worked?

Nope, nothing in the docker logs or system logs of Unraid. i have never had this work. i had it installed a while back it didn't work so i uninstalled it, trying again now but still cannot get it to work. - Just doesn't respond to stopping/ starting dockers/ VM's