[Support] Electric Brain Unraid API

On 9/30/2022 at 4:18 AM, Hode said:

Does anyone else get this error on unraid 6.11 

Get VM Details for ip: https://192.168.*.* Failed
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'children')
Connected to mqtt broker
Connected to mqtt broker

and it keeps on repeating every second.

I'm also getting this error however i am using the hashed address as my local ip's dont show anything

Edited by Chrism2015
missing info
  • Upvote 1

Similar issues as above since updating to Unraid 6.11.1. Looks like all the other controls have gone and can only see for Docker?

Checked my Grafana dashboards and looks like the datas not being collected for VM's etc

Capture.thumb.PNG.e29dbce1c2c9db507a76718c2769f2d9.PNG

Looking at the logs, getting:

Get VM Details for ip: 10.112.1.80 Failed

Edited by 1471
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 5:18 AM, Hode said:

Does anyone else get this error on unraid 6.11 

Connected to mqtt broker
Connected to mqtt broker

and it keeps on repeating every second.

i got the same issue since upgrading to 6.11

Same issue.  I also have no luck getting discovery to work with HA but I'm not sure if that's my fault.

Get VM Details for ip: https://192.168.1.194:14444 Failed
Get VM Details for ip: https://192.168.1.194:14444 Failed

Hello after a long time I got the Unraid API up and running. I have no idea why it works now. However, what does not work 100% is the transfer to Homassinnstant using mqtt. A part like the array or the dockers are displayed in the HA, but and that would be the more important thing, the VMs are not displayed to me at all. I hope you have a tip for me. Greetings Maggi

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone. I was having A LOT of the same problems with it connecting but not showing the VMs and dockers. So I uninstalled it and deleted its folder in appdata. Then reinstalled it and went to its web address. This time for the server IP address, I went to the my unraid server gui and copied that long address without the https:// and added the https port number because I have changed that long ago. So for example: server ip: "7c774ec45a66ee62fd9c99998df.unraid.net:8443". Then I selected https and continued with the root username and root password.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody,

first let me say sorry for my english. Second this its ja really nice App,

but since some day, dont lnow when i have a problem. Allways get the Error at Log

Get VM Details for ip: 10.0.XXXXX Failed

Its wars working all fine. Anybody have a hint how can i fix it.

Greetz and thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Same exact problem as everyone in my installation too. The developer is totally absent. It would be better to delete its docker container, rather than continue to have it installed by users, who in the meantime are hacking around to figure out what's wrong.

The problems have been going on for several months and there hasn't been any remedial action or even an interest from the developer. His last speech is on July 24 (more than 5 months ago).

Edited by giustanca

Hi everyone, sorry for my absence here. I appreciate that it has not been working since 6.11, I will produce a final update to fix the issue at some point but I don't have much time at the moment with other projects and my job. Then I will deprecate it as I no longer have the time to work on this.

I won't remove it from the app store as there are plenty of people who still need it's functionality and although i haven't been active here I have been somewhat active on the discord still. I may leave it active until unraid make their official API available. Plus it still works on older unraid versions.

The application is open source so others are welcome to make changes as well!

Edited by ElectricBrainUK
typo
  • Like 6
  • 1 month later...
On 11/29/2022 at 2:41 PM, ElectricBrainUK said:

Hi everyone, sorry for my absence here. I appreciate that it has not been working since 6.11, I will produce a final update to fix the issue at some point but I don't have much time at the moment with other projects and my job. Then I will deprecate it as I no longer have the time to work on this.

I won't remove it from the app store as there are plenty of people who still need it's functionality and although i haven't been active here I have been somewhat active on the discord still. I may leave it active until unraid make their official API available. Plus it still works on older unraid versions.

The application is open source so others are welcome to make changes as well!

Thanks for all your work.  Any word on an official API?  even MQTT or something like hass.agent or mqtt for octoprint is much better than rest IMO

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having problems.

I changed my ipadress of my server running unraid api

Now i restarted the api and i want to change the ipadress and try to log in but nothing happens

i enter the ipadress , root login and pasword but i dont get anything

no error, but no progress either

any ideas?

21 hours ago, skank said:

I'm having problems.

I changed my ipadress of my server running unraid api

Now i restarted the api and i want to change the ipadress and try to log in but nothing happens

i enter the ipadress , root login and pasword but i dont get anything

no error, but no progress either

any ideas?

Nevermind, fixed it by deleting app and reinstalling, couldnt reconnect with different server once connected

Fixed

So, I have developed a problem with data gathering in Home Assistant. Bear in mind that this had been working fine, not sure if the latest HA updates or Unraid API updates broke it.
I get all of the switches for my dockers and the capacity of my array, but I have lost the data for [sensor.unraid_array_protection] and [sensor.unraid_array_status] both have become unknown in HA. Both of these sensors do populate for a split second from time to time, and then revert almost instantly to unknown in developer tools in HA. I should add that I am on 6.11.5 Unraid Plus and 2023.1.7 of HA.

The part that leads me to believe that this may be an Unraid side issues is that the API connection to my server, after login, only shows my server dockers it now does not list VMs, Utils and server status. I am still seeing the MQTT traffic from Unraid that includes the cpu type, mobo model, memory size, disk space , unraid version

It appears that from time to time the MQTT data from Uraid is correct.  And that sometimes it is truncated.

Here is my post on the Home Assistant forums.  https://community.home-assistant.io/t/unraid-api-connect-and-control-unraid-servers-through-home-assistant-via-mqtt/154198/62?u=mattlward

image.png

image(1).png

image(2).png

image4.jpg

Edited by mattw
  • 2 weeks later...

Can confirm, experiencing the same issue after connecting using the **hash.myunraid.net** and the local IP connections. All of the switches (docker, paritycheck, power_off, reboot, array) and binary_sensors.unraid_server are visible in mqtt/hass. Within the API GUI, only docker is available.

The API logs continue to repeat the same error:

Get VM Details for ip: https://192.168.1.81 Failed

• 1 month later...

I started rewriting the project from scratch since it wouldnt build anymore ( I am not the author ). The last updates were years ago.

Here is a quick fix for those who just want the VMs to work. FOR NOW

mount utils:

image.png.825859c0abbd3751090c87bf8d2db4e8.png

In the file utils/Unraid.js change the children to be [0] [0] [0], instead of [0] [0] [1] on lines 705/706 (might be different line but you see it on the screenshot)

image.png.e567040bcf1a9aa930acd9532aa095a5.png

Restart the container.

There are many extra functionalities I might not support like swap gpu, update xml, I just dont see the point of them? I will try to focus on just start/stop/reset on VM, docker. List pcie devices

Edited by BoKKeR
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, BoKKeR said:

I started rewriting the project from scratch since it wouldnt build anymore ( I am not the author ). The last updates were years ago.

Here is a quick fix for those who just want the VMs to work. FOR NOW

mount utils:

image.png.825859c0abbd3751090c87bf8d2db4e8.png

In the file utils/Unraid.js change the children to be [0] [0] [0], instead of [0] [0] [1] on lines 705/706 (might be different line but you see it on the screenshot)

image.png.e567040bcf1a9aa930acd9532aa095a5.png

Restart the container.

There are many extra functionalities I might not support like swap gpu, update xml, I just dont see the point of them? I will try to focus on just start/stop/reset on VM, docker. List pcie devices

You are a life saver! Finally I can control my VMs using Home Assistant.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, jacauc said:

Do you have a beta/testing version of this yet?

I have paused the project since I believe that unraid team should be releasing their graphQL api soon. The quickfix thats posted still works

Edited by BoKKeR
  • 1 month later...
On 2023/5/10 at PM10点53分, BoKKeR said:

我已经暂停了这个项目,因为我相信 unraid 团队应该很快发布他们的 graphQL api。发布的 quickfix 仍然有效

I would like to know where you got the news. The "unraid" team seems not interested in their API connecting to home assistant. They are currently focusing on developing their "unraid net", which is not meaningful for me personally. I would rather "unraid" appear on my home assistant dashboard, I am actually looking forward to one day not having to use third-party tools to access the home assistant to monitor my "unraid" host status and control virtual machines and containers, but I think this is very far away!

Edited by song
6 hours ago, song said:

I would like to know where you got the news. The "unraid" team seems not interested in their API connecting to home assistant. They are currently focusing on developing their "unraid net", which is not meaningful for me personally. I would rather "unraid" appear on my home assistant dashboard, I am actually looking forward to one day not having to use third-party tools to access the home assistant to monitor my "unraid" host status and control virtual machines and containers, but I think this is very far away!

I agree, had an interview early 2023 with the unraid team and they only talked about working on unraid plugin and the different ways to monetise it. As in one-click SSL for people who cant set it up etc. It really put me off from this product since the UI needs a remake as its made in multiple different languages and technologies but the focus was not there. It SEEMS that with the plugin they introduced a graphQL api on unraid, and I vaguely remember reading a comment that they want to make it public but I cant find this comment on the forum. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:53 AM, BoKKeR said:

I have paused the project since I believe that unraid team should be releasing their graphQL api soon. The quickfix thats posted still works

Do you happen to have any more info on an unRAID GQL server or maybe where I can get more information about it? I don't currently see any official APIs I can use to control unRAID.

I'm hoping this is a GQL instance on the local unRAID and not just a hosted solution / connect related.

1 hour ago, TypeError said:

Do you happen to have any more info on an unRAID GQL server or maybe where I can get more information about it? I don't currently see any official APIs I can use to control unRAID.

I'm hoping this is a GQL instance on the local unRAID and not just a hosted solution / connect related.