[Support] Electric Brain Unraid API

Just now, smoldersonline said:

154987346_Screenshot2021-03-15at22_13_52.thumb.png.995c04455f07309ce3afc2f6628d7205.png

Thanks for your support! I will try (again) tomorrow. Just to be sure: do I use HA/MQTT IP an MQTT credentials (as also specified in docker template)? Or Unraid IP and login credentials?

Ah sure, in that box you enter you unraid details (root and then password) you fill in your mqtt details in the docker configuration

7 hours ago, ElectricBrainUK said:

Hey, sure that is odd I've not seen that before. Can you control the server via the unraid apis ui?

I removed the docker and the old entities from HA. A fresh start.

To your question. Yes and no. I can start and stop other dockers from that UI. After I did that, that particular docker will show up (as a device) in HA and I can also stop/start that particular docker. Second docker: same thing, after stopping it in the api UI, it shows up in HA and works.

When I try to stop the array from the api UI, the docker stops (crashes).

Weird stuff. No sure if it matters, but just to be sure: I'm running HA and the MQTT add-on from a hassio host (on a NUC).

3 hours ago, smoldersonline said:

I removed the docker and the old entities from HA. A fresh start.

To your question. Yes and no. I can start and stop other dockers from that UI. After I did that, that particular docker will show up (as a device) in HA and I can also stop/start that particular docker. Second docker: same thing, after stopping it in the api UI, it shows up in HA and works.

When I try to stop the array from the api UI, the docker stops (crashes).

Weird stuff. No sure if it matters, but just to be sure: I'm running HA and the MQTT add-on from a hassio host (on a NUC).

Ah okay that's something, it doesn't matter that you are running ha and mqtt on a different host, shouldn't make a difference at all but thanks for the detail. If you restart the unraid api with the ha and mqtt host running it may post all the entities (it should do this on a routine basis as well but if that doesn't work restarting it manually triggers the process).

Regarding the array stop I'll have to look into that it seems like you may have found a bug

Thank you.

Just as a note (again, not sure if it matters): even in the 'semi-working' case the docker log is continuously reporting errors:

connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.178.31:80

In the docker configuration I (of course) included the correct port for MQTT communication (1883).

My Unraid box is not running 24/7 and the remote (HA) ability to powerdown is relevant in my case. I do that now with a (rather complicated) console automation, but this seems a (far) more elegant and robust way to accomplish that.

Please let me know if I can help.

Thank again!

40 minutes ago, smoldersonline said:

Thank you.

Just as a note (again, not sure if it matters): even in the 'semi-working' case the docker log is continuously reporting errors:

connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.178.31:80

In the docker configuration I (of course) included the correct port for MQTT communication (1883).

My Unraid box is not running 24/7 and the remote (HA) ability to powerdown is relevant in my case. I do that now with a (rather complicated) console automation, but this seems a (far) more elegant and robust way to accomplish that.

Please let me know if I can help.

Thank again!

Is that IP for your unraid server or the MQTT Broker? If you have the MQTT broker configured (you can see the devices that are configured in the UI, in the "burger" menu on the left, under manual config, if the MQTT broker is there hit delete and that should remove that from being spammed)

If the device is your unraid IP though that could mean the api is struggling to communicate with it, are you using HTTPS, is the docker bridged or does it have its own static IP?

Finally I have fixed the bug that caused it to crash when stopping the array - if you update it should be working

Works 100% now - awesome! Log is clean as a whistle.

One very minor point of feedback: with the unraid box up-and-running the powerdown switch (in HA) is turned off and to powerdown the server you turn this switch on. For me, it would make more sense to have this the other way around. Maybe that is just me, and then of course ignore my point.

Thank you much for this docker and your support!

On 3/16/2021 at 7:26 PM, smoldersonline said:

Works 100% now - awesome! Log is clean as a whistle.

One very minor point of feedback: with the unraid box up-and-running the powerdown switch (in HA) is turned off and to powerdown the server you turn this switch on. For me, it would make more sense to have this the other way around. Maybe that is just me, and then of course ignore my point.

Thank you much for this docker and your support!

Glad it's all working for you now!

It's a good point, I'll have a think and maybe I'll swap it but I also don't want to break anyone's automations! 

Thank you as well

On 3/8/2021 at 12:25 PM, ElectricBrainUK said:

Hey,

I will also look at adding progress for the parity check and mover, shouldn't be a massive change.

Let me know if there is anything else

Cheers

Did you had some time to look into the parity/mover progress thing?

thanks

No worries, take your time. :)

If you are re-writing the app, maybe you can think about a feature request. I have a lot of docker containers and some VMs.

On mqtt autodiscover this blows up my devices and entities in Home Assistant by factor 100x.  But I only need 3-4 Container and 2-3 infos from the API.

And it gets worse, if the automatic Amazon Alexa integration via Nabu Case is activated (which normally is a great feature), because then all Container and VM gets registered in Alexa.
In HA the devices stays forever as there is no way to delete them, without messing with the database.

Really crazy are the VM Infos. Its create around 10 USB Entities for each! VM. For my 5 VMs, that's over 500 useless entities.

grafik.thumb.png.c7057e2bccc1392a47b96556724be361.png

So long story short, it would be awesome, if you could implement some kind of whitelist/blacklist, which infos gets reported via the api.

grafik.png.322a4c65160594552bfd40094b565ed6.png

Without the unraid api i normally i have around 80 devices (geräte) and 300 entities. The rest is from the api.

Edited by corgan
14 minutes ago, corgan said:

No worries, take your time. :)

If you are re-writing the app, maybe you can think about a feature request. I have a lot of docker containers and some VMs.

On mqtt autodiscover this blows up my devices and entities in Home Assistant by factor 100x.  But I only need 3-4 Container and 2-3 infos from the API.

And it gets worse, if the automatic Amazon Alexa integration via Nabu Case is activated (which normally is a great feature), because then all Container and VM gets registered in Alexa.
In HA the devices stays forever as there is no way to delete them, without messing with the database.

Really crazy are the VM Infos. Its create around 10 USB Entities for each! VM. For my 5 VMs, that's over 500 useless entities.

grafik.thumb.png.c7057e2bccc1392a47b96556724be361.png

So long story short, it would be awesome, if you could implement some kind of whitelist/blacklist, which infos gets reported via the api.

grafik.png.322a4c65160594552bfd40094b565ed6.png

Without the unraid api i normally i have around 80 devices (geräte) and 300 entities. The rest is from the api.

Ah yeah you can kind of do this already, in the burger menu on the left there is manual config where you can disable sections or individual entities

3 hours ago, helvete said:

@ElectricBrainUK Using the API with the new 1.6 UUD and finally realized it is root not my "username" for the login so got that done, however all the docker images are broken on the UUD :( any tricks to resolve?

Hi, I don't maintain or have anything to do with UUD sorry. If the docker containers work in the ui for the unraid api then you will have to ask for support from the UUD guys. 

6 minutes ago, ElectricBrainUK said:

Hi, I don't maintain or have anything to do with UUD sorry. If the docker containers work in the ui for the unraid api then you will have to ask for support from the UUD guys. 

@ElectricBrainUK Just wanted to say thanks for the UNRAID API docker! Great work and UUD 1.6 would not have been possible without you and your work! I sincerely appreciate it!

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, helvete said:

@ElectricBrainUK Using the API with the new 1.6 UUD and finally realized it is root not my "username" for the login so got that done, however all the docker images are broken on the UUD :( any tricks to resolve?

@helvete Read the post right after the UUD 1.6 release post. I also posted a MEMORANDUM a few posts back about "CRITICAL INFORMATION". Please read that.

Edited by falconexe

Thank you in advance for any support that you can give.

I have installed the Unraid_API docker with the default configuration.

The log file is spamming "Get main details for IP address x.x.x.x failed" "request failed with status code 503"

The Unraid_API webgui shows connected, and displays the IP address of the server and the title, but nothing else.