[Support] Electric Brain Unraid API

304 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey @ElectricBrainUK,

Cheers for the awesome work, got everything up and running both as a container in Unraid first but then switched to hosting inside Home Assistant with the addon as it seems a bit more reliable.

I am having one issue. At this stage, the connection does not seem to persist across server/VM shutdowns, leading to having to sign in (of which it prompts twice?) every time the home assistant server has to reboot. Any way to avoid this?

Thanks again!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overview: Support for Docker image unraid-api in the electricbrain repo. Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/electricbrainuk/unraidapi Github/ Docs: https://github.com/ElectricBrainUK/Unrai

Hey, As for default image I don't see why not, I'll look into it. I currently have no plans to provide a https end point so I would recommend using a proxy for now. I will also look at

@ElectricBrainUK Thank you for your response. Firing Users Scripts would be more than enough.    @Jokerigno For instance firing a script that unbinds a usb device from a running vm

Posted Images

Hi guys,

For the first issue I'm unsure what the problem would be unless pi hole is blocking the api somehow, though I doubt that as it doesn't really use domain names. Try reconfiguring the server in the unraid api and failing that checking the logs of both the api and the unraid server itself

@Irithor
glad you appreciate, happy it's worked so far. I'm surprised you got the ha app working at all as it has a few problems that I need to sort out! I guess the main thing would be to check the share it is pointing to when it tries to write to config/* and make sure it's properly mapped outside of the docker onto the host somewhere. Not a problem on the unraid docker as the mappings all work but it can be a bit more fiddly in HA! Let me know if you need more help and how you get on. Check here to start with, it should be mapped to a /share folder but it may not be: https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/add-ons/configuration/

On 6/10/2021 at 12:04 PM, ElectricBrainUK said:

Hi guys,

For the first issue I'm unsure what the problem would be unless pi hole is blocking the api somehow, though I doubt that as it doesn't really use domain names. Try reconfiguring the server in the unraid api and failing that checking the logs of both the api and the unraid server itself

Hello,

I have solved my own issue and want to supply the info on here in hopes this helps someone else.

I added the 6.9.2 Myservers plugin, now when i try to connect to your ELECTRIC BRAIN UNRAID API i get an error 503.

The solution i came up with was instead of my Unraid IP address i now use the ****************.unraid.net address and the integration fired back up.

hope this helps someone moving forward.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally found a fix for all people with the 503 error!

Unraid is blocking an IP after to many wrong attempts and if u have entered the wrong credentials more then 3 times u will get blocked from unraid! I was sitting on this for more than 6 hours but now its working. To remove the block u have to delete a file.

Its stored under /var/log/pwfail/ and in this folder there is an file with the internal ip of the docker just delete that over ssh and it should work! Hope it helps! :D