Cache 2 device has no read/write activity.

Is there any reason why my 'Cache 2' device of a 3 device cache pool does not show read/writes activity?

Not sure if this is part of the read/write issue, but the BTRFS Balance Status is Data/System & Metadata are all Raid 1.

Apologise if I have posted in the wrong location...I'm a noob.

image.thumb.png.a6fad829991d01716689705b80d269db.png

Thank you for your reply. I will not waste your valuable time as I fixed the issue using your older posts. Thank you again.

I did some research and found that when I initailly setup the second device I had not correctly formatted it (btrfs) and it sat in the pool not being used for over 9 months thinking it was all working fine and dandy,  I since found spare 500gb ssd and decided to not to have it sitting around so added it to the cache pool. When adding the third device I only then noticed that the second device had no activity. only because the third device showed activity.

I think the problem was, although the device showed a format of btrfs it may not have completed the format proceedure or i stopped prematurely...anyway it was not correctly formated.

To fix it I stopped the array, removed the device from the pool and reformated it (leaving it alone until completed) to match the other drives. Making sure it was not mounted in the unassigned devices list, I added it back to the cache pool and started the array again.  I checked the cache pool size and it was displaying 750gb which looked ok to me. I then checked the cache to see if it started to balance automatically and it had as Raid1.