USB Device Blacklisted

Hello,

I have currently a new Install of Unraid, the usb device I use is Blacklisted (It's an Intenso Slimline with 16GB of storage)

How can I remove this USB device from the Blacklist to start using Unraid or do I have to reinstall everything from scratch to a new one? This Device has been purchased recently and has a complete new Install of Unraid on it (nothing else)

Kind regards,

Ben

You will have to use a different flash drive. Probably that one doesn't have a real GUID is the reason it is blacklisted. The Globally Unique Identifier is required for the Unraid license.

I recommend a USB2 flash drive of a well-known brand, larger in size than that one so it won't overheat, but you don't really need more than 4GB capacity. And I recommend booting from a USB2 port.

There is no benefit to faster larger boot flash for Unraid since it is mostly only accessed at boot time to load the OS into RAM.

6 minutes ago, BensseG said:

This Device has been purchased recently

Purchased how?  Already licenced from someone else?

6 minutes ago, BensseG said:

How can I remove this USB device from the Blacklist to start using Unraid

You can't

Blacklisting happens because of the following

• The device does not present a unique GUID (you'll see this under the Tools - registration page.  If the GUID is something like all zeroes, or 1234567, then it's obviously not unique and needs to be changed)
  • The licence attached to the flash has been transferred to another flash
1 minute ago, Squid said:

Purchased how?  Already licenced from someone else?

You can't

Blacklisting happens because of the following

• The device does not present a unique GUID (you'll see this under the Tools - registration page.  If the GUID is something like all zeroes, or 1234567, then it's obviously not unique and needs to be changed)
  • The licence attached to the flash has been transferred to another flash

Purchased in a Store so IT's New Nothing reused... Well this time i search online for one with USB 2... 

Thanks for everyone who replied.

Have some great time.

Ben

On 12/21/2019 at 6:31 PM, Squid said:

Thanks for your link, buyed a new one know it is working like a charm. But i have one question about the key, atm there is a trial key active but i want topurchase a key for it to go. I have 5 8tb drives for storage 1 8tb for parity and 1 1tb for cache makes a total of 7 drives in the system. so am i right to purchase a Plus key for 12 drives or would it be enough to use the basic option (because only 6 drives in the array). So how is the drive count as unraid says there are only 5 disks in the array (so parity disk and cache does not count).

Kind regards,

Ben