Version 6.8 Maxing Out My CPU

Hey All,

I upgraded to 6.8 last week and have been noticing that every time I attempt to load Plex, it takes forever to get a list of my media. When I look at the server, the issue appears to be that the CPU is maxing out. I downgraded to 6.7.2 today and everything appears to be working just fine. I have attached both a diagnostics from 6.8 and 6.7.2.

Another note, I also run a Windows 10 VM and on 6.8 all my cores would turn red when doing a stress test vs 6.7.2 only 4 of the 8 cores turned red when stress testing. I have 4 of the 8 cpus pinned to this VM so maybe in 6.8 it's giving this VM all 8 cores and thus my CPU issue?

Is anyone else experiencing any issues like this?

pithos-diagnostics-20191221-1245.zip pithos-diagnostics-20191221-1914.zip

10 hours ago, archedraft said:

Another note, I also run a Windows 10 VM and on 6.8 all my cores would turn red

No such problem in 6.8 ( also should no user report about that) , CPU pinning work as expect.

Your VM seems mount by UD, me also.

-drive 'file=/mnt/disks/vmdisk/Windows 10 +/windows10.img,format=raw,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk2,cache=writeback' \

10 hours ago, archedraft said:

thus my CPU issue?

I don't think so and you haven't problem on 6.7.2

Case seems interesting.

Edited by Benson
14 hours ago, Benson said:
I don't think so and you haven't problem on 6.7.2

Case seems interesting.

Correct, my windows 10 VM is stored on an UD mount.

So far 6.7.2 hasn’t caused any noticeable loading delays when I open Plex like 6.8 does for me.

I would be interested to see if disabling all of the mitigation fixes would help. Been wondering if my i7 would eventually get so “nerfed” that I would notice it over time but I suspect others would have said something if that was the case.

Other than that, I don’t really have any ideas on what it might be. I restarted plex, docker, and Unraid a bunch of times on 6.8 so it’s not that.

Edited by archedraft