Encryption keyfile being saved to /root between boots, how do I stop this from happening?

RodgMahal

I am perplexed, people go through great lengths to autoboot an encrypted array, but I have the opposite problem.  I WANT my encrypted array to prompt me every time I boot for the passphrase.  But this 'keyfile' file somehow keeps getting stored in the /root directory. Idea how to disable this particular behavior and make it act the way its supposed to?

This is after a fresh reboot;

image.png.1af2392fb892a54f802c8e198c5b11ed.png

Of course I have the option of using the "Delete Encryption File" option on the MAIN menu, but that doesnt solve the issue that my encryption key is stored in a plain text file and its not just saved in RAM as I read it is supposed to be.

image.thumb.png.3c1dc1177d7fbe93624f6854de09b612.png

2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

It is not normal for that file to survive a reboot as the ‘root location is in RAM.  Are you sure you have not added an entry to the ‘go’ file or User Scripts Plugin to copy that file to that location.

Thats why I'm so confused!  I don't even know the 'go' file is, but I can see if that somehow got edited to copy the file there.  I definitely don't have a user script that would do it.  I am going to copy a random text file to /root and see if it survives a reboot.  Feel like that's a reasonable test.

43 minutes ago, trurl said:

root definitely doesn't survive a reboot on stock Unraid. What plugins do you have?

OK, lets see;

Community Applications

Unassigned Devices

CA Auto Turbo Write Mode

CA Auto Update Applications

CA Backup / Restore Appdata

CA Cleanup Appdata

CA Mover Tuning

Command Line Tool

ControlR

Custom Tab

Dynamix Active Streams

Dynamix Auto Fan Control

Dynamix Cache Directories (maybe this is the problem?)

Dynamix Local Master

Dynamix Schedules

Dynamix SSD TRIM

Dynamix Stop Shell

Dynamix System Buttons

Dynamix System Information

Dynamix System Statistics

Dynamix System Temperature

Enhanced Log Viewer

File Activity

Fix Common Problems

GUI Links

Nerd Tools

Network Statistics

Open Files

Parity Check Tuning

Preclear Disks

Recycle Bin

Server Layout

Speedtest Command Line Tool

Statistics

Tips and Tweaks

unBALANCE

User Scripts

2 hours ago, RodgMahal said:

Command Line Tool

This is it:

On 9/4/2015 at 3:31 AM, dmacias said:

Command Line Tools implements Shell In A Box. A web server that can export arbitrary command line tools to a web based terminal emulator. A Command Line tool is created under the Tools menu. Backup and restore user home directory on system shutdown and start.

18 hours ago, trurl said:

I used to use that one myself, but there is a popup window into the command line builtin now on the main menu bar.

The only thing is that built in terminal has a lag to it, and Midnight Commander doesnt work properly.   I use MC all the time, and for instance I cant do a SHIFT + DOWN ARROW move to select multiple files/folders.  So I tend to Telnet in or use the Command Line plugin...