UNRAID keeps powering off without warning

I'm new to unraid as of today, and new to the forums as well...

I installed unraid to run as my main server with some VMs inside for windows 10, and this is where the problems being, To the point I'm almost to the point of regretting purchasing a key, and wasting the time. anyways

I've spent the better part of today messing with the configurations, setting up the windows 10 VM and getting it going.

Here's the issue i'm running into. The server deadstops, powers off without any warnings OTHER than the system fans kicking up some for about 10ish minutes before it cuts out. The system log reveals a ERROR at the time of the dead power off to the effect of IPMI Error clearing flags: cc ( i will try to grab the exact error line)

This only happens when I have my GTX1660 passed through, if i have the VNC graphics selected it runs just fine.. Now some background on that, I was having some issues with iommu not passing through all the devices in the group (all devices were part of the nvidia card) so I followed a guide that added a vfio-pci.ids= line into the configuration, with all the hardware addresses. 

Any help would be appreciated, im sure im leaving a lot of details out, im pulling my hair out. Really about to switch back to windows 10 storage spaces :( 

Thank you for the input. I was to anxious and frustrated last night and mistook my own error for one with unraid. I ended up switching (for now) to windows until i start my new unraid build. The server shut off as well within windows, and from what I can tell the southbridge chip was getting to hot with the graphics card being run at all, Likely due to all the hard drives I just put on the integrated SATA controller AND a change with the fan layout in my 4u chassis. I am exited for a new build with unraid.

• 10 months later...

Never updated this post, but I ended up switching to unraid permanently about 2 weeks after my last post lol #screwwindows. I slapped a tiny Noctua fan on the SB chip that was COOKING but not being reported by the supermicro bios or IPMI. Still not sure of the sudden temperature rise on that chip but could be airflow change in the case who knows, but its been running 24/7 without issues now. Really loving the VMs and dockers.

• Like 1