Problems getting docker working

7 minutes ago, Electrohacker said:

I'm guessing if I make a new drive it can find the array without issue

Everything about your configuration is in the config folder on flash. As long as you have a current copy of that config folder you can use it on a new install and everything should work as before.

Just now, Electrohacker said:

I also found that copying the config file like you said messes up your key, not worth it

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The config folder is what I said, there isn't a config file. And without that config folder you don't have any of your configuration.

Perhaps what you mean is that the old license.key file did not work on your new flash. Of course, that is the whole point, the license is tied to the GUID of a specific flash drive.

10 minutes ago, Electrohacker said:

I got a really small usb memory

That may work out for you, but I recommend only using USB2 flash drives especially if you are getting one of those small ones. The small USB3 drives have been known to overheat, USB2 port is more reliable for the Unraid boot flash, and there is no advantage to the faster USB3 speed since it is mostly only accessed at boot to load the OS into RAM.

Just now, trurl said:

That may work out for you, but I recommend only using USB2 flash drives especially if you are getting one of those small ones. The small USB3 drives have been known to overheat, USB2 port is more reliable for the Unraid boot flash, and there is no advantage to the faster USB3 speed since it is mostly only accessed at boot to load the OS into RAM.

yes, the drive is usb2 and the port is usb 2.  unfortunately the smallest size available was 16gb :(  not very space efficient, but it will work

6 minutes ago, Electrohacker said:

10-11mbit's/ sec? 

That *implies* it's only connecting at 100Mbs on either computer

ethtool eth0

Will show the connection speed on unRaid.  For a windows box, you can get its connection speed from control panel, network connections, status on the adapter