No user shares after update reboot, then no disks assigned

bobbintb

If you lost your disk assignments that suggests your flash backup and restore didn't work for some reason.

Do you know what your disk assignments should be? The most important thing is to not assign a data disk to the parity slot. Those diagnostics show one cache disk assigned but nothing assigned in the parity array.

Your disk assignments should be in the config/super.dat file, but that file is not human-readable. Diagnostics shows you have that file and a couple of others with similar names that are probably backups of that file. Looks like there is also a DISK_ASSIGNMENTS.txt file in config that might give some clues.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

If you lost your disk assignments that suggests your flash backup and restore didn't work for some reason.

Do you know what your disk assignments should be? The most important thing is to not assign a data disk to the parity slot. Those diagnostics show one cache disk assigned but nothing assigned in the parity array.

Your disk assignments should be in the config/super.dat file, but that file is not human-readable. Diagnostics shows you have that file and a couple of others with similar names that are probably backups of that file. Looks like there is also a DISK_ASSIGNMENTS.txt file in config that might give some clues.

Yes, I have the assignments. One of the config files is human readable and it's in there. I might try and redo some tests first. It was late last night so maybe I messed something up.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

I tried updating again, to the latest version. No issues with the disks but I still get no user shares. Any ideas?

It was several weeks since your previous post. Was everything working fine until this update?

Do you have any unmountable disks?

Are you booting from a USB2 port? (recommended)

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.