[Release] Dark Theme (unRAID webGui color theme)

4 hours ago, robw83 said:

Great theme plan to use this one moving forward.

You might want to look into the formatting on https://tower.local/Main/Flash?name=flash is a little off for the Syslinux Configuration section

Congrats, you actually uncovered a bug in unraid. Using a custom theme (filename) is the cause of what you described. This is easily verified by copying stock default-white.css and dynamix-white.css to, for example, default-test.css and dynamix-test.css. Select the new "Test" theme and you will see the syslinux configuration page is all messed up. I spent hours wondering what I did wrong, applying changes to fix it, and chasing down everything else those broke as a result. Man, the gui is riddled with hardcoded hacks you can't easily theme around.

The only solution is to hijack a standard theme. I renamed the file default-black.css and it magically works (after reversing hours of work). So backup default-black.css, copy mine over, and select the "Black" theme.

Why not ask @Tom and the rest to add this as a custom theme in the next release? Seems like it's really nicely polished and looks great. Would be nice having it as a drop down option and no overwriting any default themes.

Further to my last comment, I was thinking that in the next release then it may overwrite your custom CSS.

Also if they make any changes to the default themes it may cause issues with yours if its not updated. Like you saw with the flash page.

Looks great, any idea why I am missing the lighter color grey header? I had to change the font colors to see it.. Also, where in the CSS can i change the color of the array utilization indicator text circled in red? I would like to make it black or darker grey it's too hard to see in the green. Thanks!

Capture.PNG

I was moderately surprised that the CSS changes didn't mess up CA at all.  Personally I would submit a PR with the changes to LT to create a new theme say "Black(dim)", but I suppose that you should also create an appropriately modified white theme as that's like staring into a MagLight at night.

• Haha 1

I am not in favor of adding yet another theme to Unraid, because of all the extra testing that goes with it when GUI changes or enhancements are made.

Currently there are 4 themes and 4 browsers tested, that is already 16 permutations to do.

I made a PR to better support custom themes. Perhaps in the future this will be extended. This will make life easier for everyone.

23 minutes ago, bonienl said:

I am not in favor of adding yet another theme to Unraid, because of all the extra testing that goes with it when GUI changes or enhancements are made.

Currently there are 4 themes and 4 browsers tested, that is already 16 permutations to do.

I made a PR to better support custom themes. Perhaps in the future this will be extended. This will make life easier for everyone.

Fair enough.  To be clear though, your vision is that any custom theme would be "based" upon one of the existing four?  Interested because CA when it runs across a custom named theme utilizes it's black css as a fallback

On 12/29/2019 at 2:51 PM, bonienl said:

I made a PR to better support custom themes.

And the next release of CA will also support css overrides so that a theme can adjust CA accordingly.  (The dark theme actually needed this to handle a minor display aberration within CA when using Dark)