GRUB_BADRAM, how to?

Hi I discovered that one of my four 16 GB sticks has only one bit stick to '1' logic, this was from when I bought them, but I have been gone out of my country for two years.

Now I am home and make the memtest86 test and see this bit, this bit has bothering me for all that two years, because the Unraid never crash, only see some disk corruption.

First I used BTRFS and partitions begin to  be corrupted in several days and give me IO errors when try to copy large files, the rest of corruption was silent.

After that I used XFS, but because XFS has no check summing, all corruption was silent.

After that I put ZFS, and here I begin to see that something was seriously wrong, because each day ZFS reported me around 10 crc errors, at a traffic of around 200GB/day on SSD's.

Now that i tested the ram I know where is the problem, one bit out of 64GB stick to '1' :))))))))))

I navigate some DuckDuckGo and find this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BadRAM that warm my day, because the ram was bought from another country, and to use warranty will take around two months and for sure I will need to send the entire kit, not only the bad RAM :)

The problem is that in Unraid does not exist this file: "/etc/default/grub", the directory exist, but not the file.

Someone has an idea how can I setup BADRAM and if is supported by Unraid grub?

Thank you

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Unraid doesn't use Grub, it uses Syslinux

I see that has only support for mem, not for memmap.

Ehh maybe in future the Syslinux guys will add support for memmap, or Unraid will use Grub, maybe both, Maybe Unraid can introduce a way to select between the two bootloaders 😀, is a cool feature because like in my case because of one bit you need to throw away an entire stick of RAM (and is part of a kit of four Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz ( now I see that are not so platinum how they tell ) 😪) .

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

, you should just remove that DIMM.

Of course I removed it immediately after I tested it 😀

Merry Christmas and best regards.

• 4 months later...