VM Manager and all VMs are blank / disappeared

1 minute ago, trurl said:

I notice you are correcting a lot of parity errors? Is that expected? Have you done memtest?

It's expected. Parity checks automatically occurred when I rebooted the Unraid server. Memtest runs just fine.

The issue started happening when I assigned the onboard GPU which was using by Unraid GUI to one of the VM. After the restart, all VMs / VM tab were gone. Please advise.

5.jpg

Please check below for the output. Note that the libvirt.img in "backup" folder was created by me after the issue happened just in case. 

root@Unraid:~# find /mnt -name libvirt.img
/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img
/mnt/user/downloads/backup/libvirt.img
/mnt/user0/downloads/backup/libvirt.img
/mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img
/mnt/disk1/downloads/backup/libvirt.img

Edited by baonguyen312
On 12/30/2019 at 11:43 PM, johnnie.black said:

So the backup was done after the current problem? Current libvirt.img is empty, so unless you have a backup of an older image you'll need to recreate the VMs, you can still use the old vdisks if you point to them when recreating the VMs, at least with most of them.

Can you give me some hints for recreating the VMs? Both VMs tab and VM Manager are currently blank when I click on them. 

12 hours ago, trurl said:

Have you tried stopping the array before going into the VM Manager Settings?

This has been driving me crazy. I'm not able to stop the array at all. Once I clicked on "Stop" the array, it just stuck at "Stopping" forever and the array was still up and running.

Resetting the server would bring the array online again. Please advises. 

Edited by baonguyen312
3 hours ago, baonguyen312 said:

This has been driving me crazy. I'm not able to stop the array at all. Once I clicked on "Stop" the array, it just stuck at "Stopping" forever and the array was still up and running.

This means there are other problems, you'll need to fix that first, Unraid should save diags to the flash drive if it fails to cleanly shutdown after some time, default is 60secs, those might give a clue to the problem. 

• 1 month later...

I am writing here because I think it's more of the same...

I accidentally deleted my libvirt luckily I had a backup and I copied it to the "/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img"

But when I start the VM service I get this:

Libvirt Service failed to start.

I deleted the file because of this error any thing I need to change?

image.thumb.png.40e91831f9dd0a74da698c783e4d257f.png

UPDATE: copy using mc in terminal - reboot and start stop VM service it got back to normal

Edited by casperse