Upgrading to Ryzen 9 3900x with new MB. How to keep my array safe?

Next week I'm upgrading my processor, motherboard, and RAM (see this post for details). I'm trying to learn how to keep my 6 drive array (5 data + 1 parity) safe during the upgrade. 

I'll be using the same case, so I won't need to physically move the drives or anything. Currently all my drives are plugged into SATA ports on the motherboard and the new motherboard has enough SATA ports for all the drives, so I'm good there. But how do I make sure that each drive gets assigned correctly? Do I just take a screenshot of the dashboard page of unraid and carefully select the right drives?

Take a screenshot as a backup. But the order of disk serial are kept on the USB drive for unraid. 99% of the time if you wire up everything properly and everything is seen properly it will just work. If you are doing anything with IOMMU passthrough with hardware for vms you'll need to do a bit of resetup there otherwise you are set.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, phbigred said:

Take a screenshot as a backup. But the order of disk serial are kept on the USB drive for unraid. 99% of the time if you wire up everything properly and everything is seen properly it will just work. If you are doing anything with IOMMU passthrough with hardware for vms you'll need to do a bit of resetup there otherwise you are set.

Ok, cool. So you're saying that I shouldn't have to select disks from the drop down and manually setup the array? It'll just boot up and probably start the array correctly?