Unraid Forum 100K Giveaway

My favourite part of unraid will definatly have to be either the community or how easy it is to learn and use. Unraid has taught me so much in the past 9 or so months and has driven me to experiment more and more with computers and OS's thanks to VM's.

If i had to ask for one thing it would have too be some raid options for cache. And maybe even the array. Although i know that kinda defeats the "Unraid" part.

I love how easy the initial setup was, I was up and running in no time, and adding some of the more advanced stuff later was also pretty easy.

I would like to see an official implementation of zfs. I know it's not really going with the whole theme of Unraid, but having the option would be very nice as I find the performance on the array a little lacking from time to time (but overall still acceptable for my current needs). Bonus points if you can have multiple arrays set up with different fs structures.

I've been using Unraid since Linus did the 2 Gamers 1 PC build and I don't regret it. I love how easy you can add VM's, Dockers and how easy is to get them from the Community App. One thing I will love to see implemented is instead of having to search for Devices ID and adding to the boot configuration to be able to passthrough is to make in the GUI a Passthrough Tab on the Settings in which you can use a checkbox to select the ones you want and add them directly to SysLinux Config by a Save and Reboot.

Edited by DarthItachiX

The simplicity of unRAID is so welcoming for all new homelabbers, I first looked into home labbing and assumed I would have to install windows server onto a machine directly and then use vsphere or something to get anything done. I was so glad I came across unRAID the utility and ease of use is beyond anything I expected, the schizophrenic donkey that windows is pales in comparison.

The only thing I would like to see at some stage is the possibility for a larger drive pool, I am trying to figure out a fresh build server and would like to absolutely jam pack it with drives.

Sorry, can’t do just one, hopefully doesn’t disqualify me.  I love the versatility of unRAID, so easy to set up, use and expand!  Never any data loss, feel completely secure.

For 2020, I’d really like them to fix the current issue with 6.8 when working with torrents where there is a big writing small fragments to the torrent file that seems to cause the entire file to be re-written any time data is added (maybe relating to the database corruption fix?).

One of the main things I love about unRAID is the relative simplicity of its design, coupled with the unRAID community. I often hesitate to recommend Linux-based software to friends and family that are less tech-savvy. However, because a lot of outside resources exist for new unRAIDers (forums/SpaceInvaderOne YouTube videos) I don't have to hold their hands getting things up and running quite so much.

I'd love to see a feature within unRAID that allows you to continuously clone your server to an offsite location.

Just one thing? Probably the core NAS functionality of adding mismatched drives, one at at a time. But I also really like the application ecosystem that allows you to run plugins, dockers and VMs too.  Oh and WireGuard.

For 2020 I'd really like to see a built-in firewall, such as UFW. And a mobile-friendly webgui.

Edited by ljm42