Unraid Forum 100K Giveaway

The thing I like most is the flexibility; I can add a drive and make use of all the space on that drive, VMs and Docker make the whole system more flexible. You can have it your way, working the way you want it to work. 

What I'd like to see is an easier way of passing things like USB controllers and whole disks through to VMs. 

Like: Flexibility and ease of use. Haven't played with VMs yet, but hopefully in the next few weeks when my new motherboard gets in stock!

Want to see: The ability to automatically export stats to InfluxDB or prometheus without having to have ~ 3 different docker containers running just for stats logging.

What I like:

It was really easy to install and is easy to use.

I've got more storage out of my disks than with raid and can easyly extend it. 

I began using docker and I love how easy it is with unraid.

What I wish:

I replaced my proxmox with unraid and while I love the uncomplicated usage of docker on unraid I really, really miss a possibility to make live snapshots/backups of my vm's. I use jtok's script but I think something like this must be integrated in unraid. 

I love how easy to use unraid is, much better than competitors.

One thing that I want is a ddns service provided from limetech like AVM does, a random long url that point on your server, this would be an easy thing for all people that have a server behind a dynamic IP.

Thing I love most would have to be the community and their willingness to help. I was the first in a group of us who have unraid a try and had to do a ton of research. It was so easy to find everything I was looking for to get started. 

In 2020 I would love to see multiple pool support. I have several computers and phones using unraid to store my data as network attached storage and some of the data I don't care about as much and wouldn't mind having separated with a single parity drive. I guess more drive support may also be needed for this as well! 

Whenever I've searched VM, the OS with the most hits have been unraid. So I started reading and headed over to the Reddit section for it and started reading up on it and it blew my mind. A small software that runs from a USB and can host a plethora of other operating systems.

So I tried the thirty day trial and before I could finish my tests, I went abroad and it expired. Now I'm just saving up to buy the pro version to run on my 36 bay chassis.

Unraid team, you have done wonderful work; I can't think of an upgrade that I'd like to see.

In 2019 I switched from FreeNas for my personal NAS because of the native docker support since I couldn't do everything in jails. So this was the feature I like a lot.

For 2020 I would love to see native ZFS support for storage next to the main Array. I know about the plugin support but I would love native support in the UI.

I'm quite a new user of Unraid (using from v. 6.6.7), I was searching how to have a mac os vm with gpu passthrough and found some interesting things in Unraid after trying with no or little success other virtualizers.

KVM/QEMU was my choice and coupled with the other functions of Unraid it is quite a perfect system for my needs.

I appreciate the easiness of the setup, and everything was running well at the first try (apart some subsequent tweaks to optimize the vm).

I'd like 2 minor things in Unraid:

1- If you edit the xml file of a vm with custom entries, these are not preserved if you edit the vm config through the 'gui'; not a real problem, but if these custom entries could be preserved it should be better.

2- A proper responsive website for mobiles; since I'm using the vm with a single monitor/gpu passthrough (I'm using the vm as if it is a standard pc), when I have to switch off, I have to power off the vm, then I have to connect to the unraid server with my mobile, on the same lan, to switch off the server and to have a clean shutdown. Since the website is not responsive, sometimes it is not very handy. For basic controls the android ControlR is ok, as it is what I'm using now, but a proper responsive website should be better.

Anyway, thanks for this great system.

I love unraid, because it gives me possibility to play modern And old games on my MacBook Pro. 
and I would like to see in 2020 

after editing xmls in text mode it automatically transformed it in GUI mode. Not to be afraid that every changing in text mode will be crushed after changing stuff in GUI mode.  Hope you understand what I mean, because my English is poor. 

I love the flexibility that Unraid offers, having a ability to run a small living room friendly server and gaming machine in one is priceless. 

I'd like to see maybe some kind of (paid) Official Android app moving into the future. Honestly, I'm just happy how active the development team are with pushing Unraid forward year after year. 

The feature I love most is that drives are mapped by serial number. I needed to do some cable work inside my case and the drives all wound up connected to different ports. No problem at all - Unraid didn't even blink.

My biggest want for 2020 is more detailed information about what's going on after I manually start the mover. It feels a bit black-boxy.

For the last few months I have watched Linus build UNRAID servers as well as Jason from BMB. I finally bit the bullet and started building my own earlier this month (had to refinance the house to do it lol). What i like about it is that as a complete noob to UNRAID, it was easy to install, easy to run and configure. The community surrounding it is amazing. Thanks to Spaceinvader One's videos, I am now setup with my Plex and other essentials. I have so many plans for expansion beyond what I'm currently doing with it.

As for what I would like to see. I honestly dont know. I have been a user since December 7th so I have not had the time nor the experience to know as of yet what I would like to see. All i know is that this next year, if you keep doing what your doing and the community continues to grow, I am sure what i want to see will already be out there waiting for me to take advantage of it.