Unraid Forum 100K Giveaway

Well where do I get started, I have only just started to use Unraid and I love it. I use to use Xpeonolgy and I use to love it but I couldnt go big with it and customize it the way I would like to. So I took the big dive and it was daunting at start learning something new. But now I have all the extra features and customizations.

The one thing I would love to have on Unraid it a easy GUI where i could move files on folders around actually on Unraid. I know you can use Krusader but would like something nativity built into it. 

Just want to thank all the staff who work for Unraid your all doing an awesome job.

One thing you like most about unraid:

Its simple. Simple to setup dockers, vms, new arrays. Its just simple.

One thing I would like to see added to the OS:

VM Snapshots or built-in ability to back up the OS Flashdrive automatically to google drive in case of hardware failure instead of doing this through rclone.

I love how easy it is to add drives to expand my storage capacity. It makes the life of a media hoarder so much easier!  

Even though I think Unraid is great as is, I would love to see the ability to expand beyond the current drive limit or possibly setup a secondary array to double the amount of storage. The potential hard stop for drives might defeat me some day!  

It is really hard to narrow in on one particular favourite feature of Unraid is its ease of use, between the community and the near infinite resources on the web. It was simple to get up and running with very little experience. It has been 8 months since I deployed it in my homelab and it has been rock solid and so much fun to play in.

There a couple of things that I would to see come to Unraid in 2020. An easy way to get github projects running in a docker on Unraid. And more notification integrations like Discord (natively) 

Keep up the awesome work!

Like most: Unraid keeps all data that you do not expressively want to erase yourself safe, no matter what.

Like 2nd most: GUI/ease of use + spaceinvader one tutorials/videos.

Like 3rd most: Hardware support for new + old hardware, examples 10 Gb LAN (Aquantia AQC107), SSD cache.

Like 4th most: The new Wireguard VPN feature is awesome, really useful/easy/fast.

Like to see added: I hope the new app that backups VMs will get an easy nice GUI restore option. Especially useful as long as VM edit GUI is buggy. In restore you should be able to choose which backup (date) to restore, which VMs you want to restore and if you want to restore XML file and/or vdisk file. A 1 step undo option could also be good if you feel you accidentally end up worse after restore and want to revert it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for playing! Winners have been drawn, contacted and prizes have been mailed out!

The following list of members won case badges:

hotio

juan11perez

wreave

Scorpionhl

Mr.Meeseeks

Fiala06

BrettS

HonkyTonk

Rob-

sausuke

deepthought

JKY

2FA

Trembler

ManlyJack

jrdnlc

dtctechs

cgi2099

joshstrange

mattgob86

Exa

Coolamasta

lemus89

Moussekateer

revilo951

Splatter21

Ectropian

nas_nerd

Kasper56

Mmr8cmh

Em poh ping

dgriff

yendi

mikekim4x

Morphed

ghost82

korotkov

VTX1800Rider

what?

Joey0live

TRAVMO

justinwebb

egut125

Konijntjes

Bespin

iurab

normtodd

sikedsyko

glennv

TRaSH

Bjorn1902

klipp01

none_really

madelectron

nuhll

niko7

ikkuranus

vektor

unrateable

bigsing

Sander0542

nacat78

Fuoman

eggman9713

twistedsanity

thomas

Raad

ElectricBadger

couscous_anonym0us

RecycledBits

FranciumF

jj9987

eXtremeSHOK

Dave-M

JKChapman

PigNib

macattack

erax0r

Twinsen

sharpfork

intertet

unabletoconnect

DJ Callyman

julianhj

makesh86

mlapaglia

busa1

FMG

O_M_R

snazz

The following list of members won case badges and gift cards to the Unraid merch store:

willk

danman

Notsure

cyndor1

tr3bjockey

jpowell8672

braydencw1

MarkRMonaco

ilmadrya

The following member won case badges a gift card to the Unraid merch store AND an Unraid Pro License:

vagrantprodigy

Congratulations to all of the winners and a big thanks to you all for being a part of our 100,000+ strong online community! 

• Like 2