2 X Mediasonic HF2-SU3S2

NivekNat

Hi there I am new to the forum, to linux and of course basically unraid. 

So far I am in the process of moving my files from my NTFS disk to unraid, adding one drive at a time. 

However I am stuck with getting unraid to detect my 2nd Mediasonic HF2-SU3S2 Box as it appears that unraid view them as identical boxes, hence there is a duplication of devices. 

My workaround has been to turn off the 2nd box, and mount the array with the 1st box turned on, otherwise unraid will not be able to detect the drives correctly (not all drives from both boxes are detected and unraid will mount the wrong drive since there is duplication of device id)

So far my solution seems to be getting a esata port multiplier as I am running both on USB. 

Is there any other workaround for this?

43 minutes ago, Michael_P said:

If you plan on using those for your unraid build, you're in for a world of pain. You need a proper enclosure and a HBA to address them. Using USB and/or eSATA multipliers isn't recommended as they'll just drop drives out of the array randomly if you get them all to show up at all.

Well yes currently my drive slots are full (with a define R5) and that is whyI have been using those enclosures with windows storage spaces for a while. 

How often does eSATA multipliers drop connection? with USB it seems fine so far although so far the system is not up all the time as I am moving files in windows. 

• 9 months later...