Backup of Files / Shares - LTO

IKWeb

So it amazes me the amount of people who use the UNRAID server as a backup - because it has (RAID / Redundancy) built in... (wow that scares me) 

I am currently using CrashPlan for unlimited cloud storage and its working well. I have about 170TB with them currently. 

But I dont backup my local media - Movies etc so if I loose them, they are gone. 

I do have an LTO 8 auto loader sitting round doing nothing in the rack and wanted to use this but I cant find anything (Docker or plugin) that looks like it supports an attacted LTO system. 

Is anyone else using an LTO system connected directly to the UNRAID server? Dont really want to have a 2nd server just to run the LTO. 

Thanks 

My big issue right now is, figuring out how to do a backup of my Big Data, in an incremental fashion, with minimal input/work from my end.

Target backup devices are older/cheap HDDs, that will be kept offline.

I want to be able to plug in a disk, kick off the Go Do It script, have it copy everything that hasn't been copied before that can fit on the target, and stop/die/terminate when full.

Lather, rinse, and repeat until everything has been backed up, and run on an a-periodic basis to gather up new or changed things.

Ironically, the thing that can do this brutally easy is RoboCopy under MS Windows, but I'd like to see if there isn't a local way of doing the same thing.

Sadly, no flavor of *nix has ever apparently implemented a viable "archive" flag that would make this task trivial.