[Plugin] Dark Theme (now highly configurable!)

Skitals

3 minutes ago, L0rdRaiden said:

I had to reinstall Unraid due to this plugin, I hope the new version doesn't break things after a reboot

I would love more information so I can make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. When you say you couldn't access the webgui, what exactly were you seeing? Server not found, file not found, blank page, etc etc. And also what version of unraid you were running.

Edited by Skitals
15 minutes ago, pluginCop said:

What happened?

On reboot there a message that couldn't find a file related with darktheme, so Unraid was running but no web UI. Deleting manually Darktheme files didn't help, and I have just read above that the pluging changes something in dynamix.cfg and probably the solution was there, but now is to late.

BTW safe mode without plugings worked fine

17 minutes ago, Skitals said:

I would love more information so I can make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. When you say you couldn't access the webgui, what exactly were you seeing? Server not found, file not found, blank page, etc etc. And also what version of unraid you were running.

Read my post above, I was running the latest version available of the pluging 8 hours ago when you introduced the feature to change text color and Unraid 6.8

In the console on boot there was a message saying that a file related with Darktheme was missing I don't remember the name or route, sorry.

Maybe there was something special in my configuration.

22 hours ago, L0rdRaiden said:

Read my post above, I was running the latest version available of the pluging 8 hours ago when you introduced the feature to change text color and Unraid 6.8

In the console on boot there was a message saying that a file related with Darktheme was missing I don't remember the name or route, sorry.

Maybe there was something special in my configuration.

Has this been resolved? Or is this still a known issue?

6 hours ago, Ectropian said:

Has this been resolved? Or is this still a known issue?

This was a one-off case that can not be explained by the way the os and plugin system works. The os lives in an archive on the usb that gets expanded into ram each boot. A plugin is basically an archive and install script that also needs to get installed each boot. If you delete a plugins .plg file from your usb drive, it will not get installed next boot, and you are left with an untouched operating system. The dynamix.cfg file is the only permanent file this plugin touches. That file is non-essential. It can be deleted or corrupt and the webgui loads fine. It gets rebuilt every time you change a setting in display settings. I am now updating dynamix.cfg using calls to the built-in update.php script the same exact way the display settings page does. It is perfectly safe. Every other file this touches (besides its own config) is a temporary file living in ram.

9 hours ago, robw83 said:

This theme gets better every single day! Great work @Skitals 

Any possible way to get the unassigned orb to match with the rest of the theme on the main tab? 

Capture.PNG

The ball's used in the unassigned devices section are an image whereas the balls used in the array, cache, boot sections are not.  IE: doubt @Skitals can do anything about it without an update to UD from @dlandon

12 minutes ago, Squid said:

The ball's used in the unassigned devices section are an image whereas the balls used in the array, cache, boot sections are not.  IE: doubt @Skitals can do anything about it without an update to UD from @dlandon

Yea i kinda figured that was the case considering its a separate plugin and not 100% part of the Unraid GUI.  Thank you for the clarification. 

One minor issue.  The drop down list when editing a docker container in template authoring mode (Settings - Docker), advanced for the categories is barely readable

It's the color of .ui-dropdownchecklist-text needs to be changed

image.thumb.png.ab30e94cc124da1ada1c3e74251eb4fd.png

There *may* be other places in the UI where that class is also used

18 minutes ago, Squid said:

One minor issue.  The drop down list when editing a docker container in template authoring mode (Settings - Docker), advanced for the categories is barely readable

It's the color of .ui-dropdownchecklist-text needs to be changed

image.thumb.png.ab30e94cc124da1ada1c3e74251eb4fd.png

There *may* be other places in the UI where that class is also used

I can't find that page at unraid-ip/Settings/DockerSettings or anywhere else, could you post a relative link?

Overall I would say it's really nice. I can see you've put a lot of effort into it.

Some issues/suggestions:

Unstyled areas:

Docker template editor, the window that pops up when you 'add another path.' example

Most of the on screen pop-up things, not sure what they're called. example, example1, example2

Alerts with the yellow triangle. Found on the deprecated APF page (bug or a feature...) example

Feature requests:

Either unlimited width, or integration with the CA Dynamix Unlimited Width plug-in.

Custom CSS box. Just a text field where I could make small changes.

Bugs:

On the configuration page when I make a change, I can preview that change, but when I click Save changes it reverts back to default. It might just be a conflict with another plug-in I'm using, though.

Album of all photos if interested: https://imgur.com/a/qjZE1ED

Edited by ChaseCares

Since this was turning into a "build your own theme" plugin, I decided to start from scratch with everything I've learned. I'm working on a new plugin that simply lets you tweak specific elements of any theme. That means you could use the white theme and just change the text color, or use the black theme and just change the link color. It doesn't modify the style sheets in any way, it injects a secondary style sheet that overrides whichever values you choose to set. That might sound complicated, but it's a much much easier approach and it means you will be able to modify the default appearance of any of the themes as much or as little as you desire. It also lets you import and export settings. I will include a "DarkTheme" preset so no functionality will be lost from this plugin/style.

The basic functionality is all in place, but right now it only changes text color. It will take a while to build out all the options.

ThemeEngine.thumb.png.5c5a8722bbb9577d1c0ab83567fed467.png

do you have an option to change default page width? i just don't like that page starts on very left side of the screen - i'm using Ubuntu and using side panels that are transparent (see pic. attached). i know, i can modify default css file and can do it with every reboot, so just a suggestion :) 

Screenshot_2020-01-07_20-14-29.png

On 1/7/2020 at 1:17 PM, uldise said:

do you have an option to change default page width? i just don't like that page starts on very left side of the screen - i'm using Ubuntu and using side panels that are transparent (see pic. attached). i know, i can modify default css file and can do it with every reboot, so just a suggestion :) 

You could do that with custom.css on my new plugin. Overkill, but slightly less hassle than rigging it yourself to apply every boot.