add user defined extra config on a per share basis

Hello all,

I would like to propose the feature/ability to add a user specific extra config on a per share basis (at least for SMB).

As I am unsure how this could be implemented, I think the feature should probably end up in creating a hook for an individual include for each share section in /etc/samba/smb-shares.conf.

Example:

[media]
        path = /mnt/user/media
        comment = media on alarm
        browseable = yes
        # Public
        public = yes
        writeable = yes
	include /boot/config/shares/user_smb-extra/media.conf

When importing it into the end of the individual section, user specific settings that are given in that file will be added to (or overridden by) the unraid basic settings for each share.

This file, as a default file should be created/deleted with the unraid share management feature.

The individual include file could be edited by the user with the config file editor plugin for a start.

My personal and first intention is to add different settings per share, for example enabling/disabling access for individual hosts in my multi-homed server with the "hosts allow/deny" setting for Samba.

But I thing others could benefit as well, configuring other parameters individually per share.

While browsing/searching the forums, I already found this, which goes into a similar direction (although the initial interest there was towards user settings).

Many Thanks in advance for considering my request.

Happy new year!

regards,

ford