New PLEX server build suggestions??

So Im looking to upgrade my server what would you guys suggest?  Needs to handle about 5 to 6 PLEX streams simultaneously.  

Also looking to get a new rack mount case to upgrade my old Norco.  Needs to hold 16 drives and would love if the were trayless.  

Any suggestions?

Current System

Norco 4220 • Supermicro X10SDV-7TP4F • Intel Xeon processor D-1537 2.3GHz 8-Core 12MB Cache • Kingston 16GB • CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W

Edited by squirrellydw
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 11:13 PM, squirrellydw said:

So Im looking to upgrade my server what would you guys suggest?  Needs to handle about 5 to 6 PLEX streams simultaneously.  

Also looking to get a new rack mount case to upgrade my old Norco.  Needs to hold 16 drives and would love if the were trayless.  

Any suggestions?

Current System

Norco 4220 • Supermicro X10SDV-7TP4F • Intel Xeon processor D-1537 2.3GHz 8-Core 12MB Cache • Kingston 16GB • CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W

Try this Plex calculator: https://www.elpamsoft.com/?p=Plex-Hardware-Transcoding

On a personal note, you can't beat the value of the P400... I have one on the way that I got from Ebay for $84.  If you unlock it with a script it can run 6 1080p transcodes.  It has issues with 4K, but just about all GPUs do, so you should be direct playing 4K when possible or have multiple versions of the same file at different resolutions.