Read-only file system?

o0X0o

I recently replaced a drive and despite some issues everything seemed like it was ok, until I noticed that the cache drive filled up because the mover was reporting read only errors.

Here is an excerpt from the syslog of the last couple of manual triggers of the mover:

image.thumb.png.b50e2e03f0d8055e647073006fc9c57c.png

I put unraid into maintenance mode and tried running "reiserfsck --check /dev/md2" but get this error: 

• bread: Cannot read the block (943196360): (Invalid argument).
  • Failed to open the device '/dev/md2': Unknown code er3k 125

Same message when using --fix. I have run a full SMART test on all drives and they come back fine. I have also enabled disk shares and can see data on the disk in question, so not sure why it would be considered read only.

There was a 4kb file on the disk share for one of the files the mover could not move, which I deleted from the cache and then the disk, but it kept reappearing on the disk from somewhere. About an hour after I last tried, it's suddenly gone... 

What is most strange though, is that the dashboard reports the drive as being bigger than it actually is (3.9Tb instead of 3Tb):

image.thumb.png.23898f421740e89907e29608fab1271f.png

If you see my link above, Unraid previously identified that drive's capacity correctly.

Not sure if I have a hardware or a software issue.. or gemlins?

When I run it on the cache drive it seems to work

reiserfsck 3.6.27 Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/sdh1 Will put log info to 'stdout' ########### reiserfsck --check started at Fri Jan 3 11:58:22 2020 ########### Replaying journal: Replaying journal: Done. Reiserfs journal '/dev/sdh1' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed

But when I run it on disk 2 I get the same error as when I did it through the console ("reiserfsck --check /dev/md2"):

reiserfsck 3.6.27 Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md2 Will put log info to 'stdout' bread: Cannot read the block (943196360): (Invalid argument). Failed to open the device '/dev/md2': Unknown code er3k 125