Issue deleting shares

Good morning all

I'm having an odd issue with my shares.

I was doing some spring cleaning, removed a few shares I didn't need anymore.

What I've found is every time I reboot the server, one of the removed shares (domains) is showing back up again.  I delete it and all seems well until I make a change to another existing share - for example, I switched my 'media' share from private SMB to public and it seemed to inherit the cache setting and the comment from the deleted share.

It's happened a couple of times now, and if needed I can post a log if you direct me as to which one you need to see 🙂

Thanks for any help.

*edit* typo

*edit 2* added images and logs

1afterrebootlog.png.3ae6ddc17ac7547a0e91dd41ce94f5ce.png1afterreboot.png

2afterdeletelog.png

2afterdeleteshares.png

3aftermakesharepublic.png

3logaafterpublicshare.png

4aftersortingsharelog.png

Edited by Magiverous
On 1/3/2020 at 5:36 AM, Magiverous said:

I can post a log

Recreate the issue, then download the diagnostics zip file and attach the entire file to your next post in this thread. Don't edit your current post, it won't show up as new and we won't know you added anything. Since the issue happens after a reboot, you probably need to collect a zip file from right before you reboot, and a new zip file after the share shows back up.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Recreate the issue, then download the diagnostics zip file and attach the entire file to your next post in this thread. Don't edit your current post, it won't show up as new and we won't know you added anything. Since the issue happens after a reboot, you probably need to collect a zip file from right before you reboot, and a new zip file after the share shows back up.

Ok, here you go.  I've got 3 logs.  One is pre reboot with everything the way it should be in terms of shares.  The second is post reboot after the share reappears.  The third is after changing the SMB status on the media share and it inheriting the deleted shares comment and cache settings.  I hope that helps.

tower-diagnostics-20200104-1708 prereboot.zip tower-diagnostics-20200104-1807 postreboot.zip tower-diagnostics-20200104-1811 postsharechange.zip

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 4:32 PM, jonathanm said:

Anyone still looking at this? Tis still happening ever reboot 😞

8 hours ago, Squid said:

You have VMs enabled, and the domain dir in VM Settings is set to the domains share.  Disable the VM service and problem solved.  And it's probably also recreating the ISOs share at every reboot also

Ahh, thank you.  Any idea why the other share was inheriting the settings from the VM  share after I deleted it? Was just curious more than anything in case I'm messing with the shares again in future 🙂