USB3 PCIE Card Error 6.8.0

Jordan5_0

Hi there,

Was wondering if any one could help me with a small problem i have.

The USB cards I purchased are from here:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071LTRLYS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

In November while on Unraid 6.7.2 I bought 2 USB PCIE Cards and was able to attach them to seperate VMs and worked just fine, no red error messages or issues.

However, once I updated to 6.8.0 early December they started to cause problems that started with the error message below but still allowed to be passed through without problem. But now this past week they have caused the system crash and I had to remove them today to prevent unraid from restarting constantly (see detailed explaination below).

The IOMMU groups did not change in the update, and I have feeling it has nothing to do with the update to unraid but something just stopped working properly. 

I am currently running unraid 6.8.0 and when the cards are in the computer I get the following error message:

issue.jpg.ef98c2f7d4c52ff8b3858a0c32fa7f8f.jpg

I have done the following:

- Removed it from all VMs

- Removed it from unraid through the boot config

- swapped the slots and even tried one then the other

- Ensured the IOMMU groups were separated (I have to use ACS override patch Both and allow unsafe interrupts)

-Both cause red error message while in the slot

Despite the message appearing I was still able to pass it through to the VM on 6.8.0 for the first few weeks. But this passed week, my VMs were crashing so I decided to remove them This was a temporary solution, but just the past two days unraid started rebooting without notice and even disabled VM service by itself upon array start. and every time the red message would appear.

At the moment the USB cards are out of the computer, however, I do miss having hot pluggable ports for my virtual machine already, it made life easy when it worked.

I have also tried this one and it failed: 

I didn't know if anyone had any recommendations as to why the cards worked then crash. I could understand one being bad but both dying at the same time and causing this message worried me. However, they each were only $25, if you happen to have a recommendation for a PCIE USB 3.0 at least 4 port that works reliably, let me know.