Unraid Overclock Ryzen 2700x help

Hey guys I am trying to get my VM to recognize my overclock. I ran a -0.0875 under-volt that ran at a constant 4.2ghz when I did not have unraid. I still run it this way with unraid but I notice that my VM's do not see the overclock, also when I pull up HWiNFO in the VM only the Core 0 VID changes frequency (maxes out a 3.7), not sure if this is normal or if I have set something up wrong. I run a 2700x in a Crosshair VII motherboard and I pass all but 1 core and 1 HT to my VM.

Another issue is I cannot get handbrake to run stable, it will run for a few hours then crash the entire system. I can run an aida stress test for 24 hrs no problem, not sure what is going on here either.

Thank you for any help,

Josh 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

have the same issue atm. Even the same HW 🙂

My guess is, you're using a dynamic overclock for the precision boost (Level 4?).

Even had stability issues after I put a load in one of the VMs (crashed the whole system).

After I set a fixed OC, the system runs fine. Even displays the right frequency inside the VMs.

Currently running a 4.1 on all cores, never could get a stable 4.2 OC.

It would have been nice to use the precision boost OC, that way the system could boost single cores beyond 4.1

Try booting from a Windows Drive with your current OC and open HWINFO and CPU-Z. Start prime95 and let the stress test run for a few hours.

Check HWINFO and CPU-Z and note these settings

- Frequency of all cores (should be between 4150-4250) if not, the system is not stable and throttled itself or the CPU runs too hot

- CPU Core Voltage (not the highest value, the current value)

- SoC Voltage (again, the current value)

Disable the Precision Boost OC and set a fixed multiplier (42 in your case)

Set the noted voltage settings and stress test again, if the system is stable, unraid and the VMs are good to go.

Edited by chiwou