Personal database, self-hosted "Bento"-style (easy)?

Heya!

So there's a bunch of requirements I have, I know I know, ...

It should be easy to learn and maintain. I don't want to deal with subscription models, free would be nice. Especially FOSS.

Absolute must: Many to many relational database.

It shouldn't be a product without SOME history. (and when I hear the word "plugin" my first association is: asymmetrical development and eventual incompatibility. Version-pinning on steroids...)

I want to have an easy way to attach pictures and other data type attachments. Inserting a path to a picture URL MySQL-style is iffy... That sounds like a horrible workflow. e.g.: I want to use the db to catalogue games, anime, manga and other things. I usually document the items with a cover like image and then varying amounts of pics that document the condition of the very item I own. (generic AND "as is") Now right now I'm using a HORRIBLE setup (Tap Forms on iPhone) and shoot pictures right from the app - they get inserted into the entry and everything's ok.

Something similar would be nice. Web-based for all I care.

If it somehow uses MySQL or something else that can be interfaced with in an open way that'd be nice. I want to queue and execute later some queries as well when I'm away from my server (which I will not open to the internet due to safety concerns) - e.g. I catalogue my games and usually I like logging my sessions as well. When I'm at home this is all fine and dandy, but when I play something away from home I would like to save those queries and execute them when a connection can be established again.

Front-end: what I've looked into so far is MS Access with ODBC linking to MySQL, however a flexible amount of pictures seems impossible? Or rather convoluted.

Then there's the limitation that I apparently cannot directly connect to MySQL from it?

There's more I might have to add, but so far I think that knocks out so many programs or paths that I'll leave it at that.

Cheers, let's hope this won't be a 0 replies thread, because I've been looking for solutions for the entire weekend and the stuff that is halfway powerful needs a lot of manual work or I may have just missed the right tools.