Array in bad shape

3 minutes ago, Unraid_Noob said:

Does this mean, the rebuild completed successfully

No, disk11 is still invalid, since you'll need to re-start you can see if xfs_repair can fix disk11 before starting over, with the array in maintenance mode:

xfs_repair -v /dev/md11

Then start array normally and rebuild will start over, hopefully disk11 will mount correctly after array start.

Of course if the server keeps freezing it's not good.

10 hours ago, dnLL said:

My stress levels are so high while reading this thread. I really hope all will go well.

For anybody stressing out, the best way to keep calm is to always have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable. Parity, even dual parity, is no substitute for a backup plan.

Hi,

I have the pleasure to announce that I recovered from a disk crash. It took more than 2 days to recover it.

I would like to thank all of you for the support I received on this forum and especially to johnnie.black for his patience and his help.

From a disastrous situation and some bad actions from my part I thought I lost at least the data from one of my drives but eventually I recovered everything.

Thanks again !!!

I join the diags after the recovery.

Unraid Parity sync / Data rebuild: 09-01-2020 08:04

Notice [TOWER] - Parity sync / Data rebuild finished (0 errors)
Duration: 21 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds. Average speed: 130.4 MB/s

tower-diagnostics-20200109-1758.zip

Edited by Unraid_Noob
For anybody stressing out, the best way to keep calm is to always have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable. Parity, even dual parity, is no substitute for a backup plan.
I agree. But I don't backup everything (such as my Plex library). While losing any of the data I don't backup wouldn't bother me that much, I would still rather not. And when you use your server for some small projects that eventually grow up over time you want to avoid big downtimes for your friends (I host a webserver, a gaming server, Discord bots and so on).

For the most part in my case it's more about the time involved in restarting from your backups rather than stressing out about actual data loss.