unRAID GUI totally corrupted

2 minutes ago, cammelspit said:

Ok, so no luck still. I have only one of the sticks in there and still the same issue over and over again. Where the heck is the dynamix stuff being loaded from? as in the screenshot in the first post, if that location is in RAM, where is it copying it from if there is NO plugins folder on the USB at all?

The built-in Unraid GUI is on dynami so 

Never mind, The second I installed the new key and started the array the damn error came back. I am at my wits end here if anyone has any other ideas please please please let me know. Here is another diagnostics. I don't think I can take this anymore. I just need unRAID to STOP STOP STOP loading ANYTHING but it simply refuses to comply. I am willing to literally rebuild everything from scratch if I can just stop it from loading anything... I need ideas or I will be forced to just chalk it up to a severe and detrimental bug in unRAID and just not use it anymore and that would make me sad but I honestly have no idea how else to make this thing work.

connollyserver-diagnostics-20200114-1837.zip

Do you have other browsers open to the webUI? What is the specific error you are talking about here:

8 minutes ago, cammelspit said:

started the array the damn error came back

As mentioned previously, even with a completely new install, there are some things still with the dynamix name because dynamix is the webUI itself.

Looking at the syslog in these diagnostics, I can see that no plugins are loading. And no plugins exist on flash.

But I can also see that you have some files on flash that are not the defaults, such as user share settings. And other cfg files are not default either.

Your disks are assigned and mounted and you even have an unclean shutdown.

Is your new flash a Sandisk Cruzer Glide?

Somehow you are confused about having made a new install.

Just now, trurl said:

Do you have other browsers open to the webUI? What is the specific error you are talking about here:

As mentioned previously, even with a completely new install, there are some things still with the dynamix name because dynamix is the webUI itself.

Looking at the syslog in these diagnostics, I can see that no plugins are loading. And no plugins exist on flash.

But I can also see that you have some files on flash that are not the defaults, such as user share settings. And other cfg files are not default either.

Your disks are assigned and mounted and you even have an unclean shutdown.

Is your new flash a Sandisk Cruzer Glide?

Somehow you are confused about having made a new install.

Yeah the glide is the new one I had the GUID set to just to rule out the USB. The only files I kept from the old backup are the key, obviously, and the super.dat, but I have tried with with nothing at all too but the key and it still did it. regardless, ima see if anything else is messed up and let you all know. Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it!

3 minutes ago, cammelspit said:

One more quick question, this isn't normal is it? No edit, no shortcut tot he WebUI?

image.png.ffe670bdec66f7f5f8cc5feb0ab30ae1.png

If you don't have the docker templates from your previous config then you won't be able to work with your dockers from the Unraid webUI. Deleting docker image and setting them up again would be the way forward unless you can make a good install with a good backup of your previous config.

12 minutes ago, trurl said:

If you don't have the docker templates from your previous config then you won't be able to work with your dockers from the Unraid webUI. Deleting docker image and setting them up again would be the way forward unless you can make a good install with a good backup of your previous config.

Oh, well that makes a lot of sense and tells me that it is at least 'normal' and 'expected' so I shouldn't worry about it, even if I do have to deal with it. Lol, no as much as I am annoyed and such, I am grateful for the support. Again, I'll keep you posted but I do have to work tomorrow and it's almost bed time for me. 😏

Ok, so most of everything has been gotten working except for one thing, all SMB shares don't work. I even removed the configuration and still they wont work. I just keep getting this. Any ideas? I tried changing workgroups in unraid and I got the credentials screen to pop up, however, that shouldn't be happening as my shares are public right now, it should just work. I am guessing a configuration issue with unraid is at fault, something I did probably.

image.png.728246831568f80d3d3a7231f0c22492.png

29 minutes ago, cammelspit said:

Ok, so most of everything has been gotten working except for one thing, all SMB shares don't work. I even removed the configuration and still they wont work. I just keep getting this. Any ideas? I tried changing workgroups in unraid and I got the credentials screen to pop up, however, that shouldn't be happening as my shares are public right now, it should just work. I am guessing a configuration issue with unraid is at fault, something I did probably.

Never mind, i fixed it... No idea how, but I fixed it... If I knew how I fixed half the crap that goes wrong with this thing I would probably be the smartest man alive. 🤣

46 minutes ago, cammelspit said:

image.png.728246831568f80d3d3a7231f0c22492.png

I have seen this several times after rebooting the server.  Sometimes it seems to take a while for SMB to "wake up"  This is especially true since I disabled SMB v1.0 and went with just WS Discovery with unRAID 6.8.x.

When I see that error, usually just waiting a couple of minutes and trying again is all it takes. 

I have only seen it after a reboot.  I don't know whether or not that applies in your case.