Upgraded CPUs not posting

Hi I was trying to upgrade my dual xeon setup with a pair of X5690s but for someone reason it does not post when both cpus are in.

If I take one out it posts fine, but both together and nothing. Motherboard has most up to date bios available.

If I put the original 2 cpus in it posts fine. 

I tested the X5690s individually thinking one might have been dead but this is not the case. What else should I look for?

I have reseated memory modules. Swapped CPUs around into opposite socket but same result.  

Spec in Sig

Yep all power connected, I have removed one CPU for now and everything running but as soon as I add the 2nd one it will fail to post. Then it doesn't matter what which one I remove. If I put both E5645s back in it works. Also cleared CMOS just incase it was some BIOS issue

image.thumb.png.d1d000fe87caf30b52d65c2ca5d6a896.png

Model: N/A
M/B: Supermicro X8DT3 Version 2.0 - s/n: NM13AS004395
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version 2.2. Dated: 07/09/2018
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU X5690 @ 3.47GHz
HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Disabled
Cache: 384 KiB, 1536 KiB, 12288 KiB, 0 KiB, 0 KiB, 0 KiB
Memory: 24 GiB DDR3 Multi-bit ECC (max. installable capacity 384 GiB)
Network: eth0: 1000 Mbps, full duplex, mtu 1500
 eth1: interface down
Kernel: Linux 4.19.88-Unraid x86_64
OpenSSL: 1.1.1d
Uptime: 0 days, 00:27:05

and i think, you should write a question to Supermicro support. in my experience they are very responsive and answer question about old tech too.. 
Iv reached out to Supermicro and submitted a ticket. I can't test anything until the weekend now but im hoping a simple bios fix will the fix rather than having to replace motherboard.

I might put the original cpus you back and just make sure 100% I'm not going mad.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Got a response from Supermicro who have said there's very little they can do as it's an OEM board. But if if each socket works independently it could be a power issue.

I have Supermicro 1200w redundant PSU.

Plan of action remove all but 2 sticks of ram. If still having issue then either sell the x5690 on bay and keep old cpus or buy a different supermicro LGA1366 motherboard (any recommendations?)

for just a test use a single one. 800W is plenty..
Changed the PSU, changed ram slots. Got fed up and decided I would go back to the original Xeon E5645 and same issue! It won't post with both!

As it's refurbished server from ebay I don't know if Supermicro will be able to help but now its not a case of faulty cpus

It's something preventing it from posting with processors

2 hours ago, bally12345 said:

Changed the PSU, changed ram slots. Got fed up and decided I would go back to the original Xeon E5645 and same issue! It won't post with both!

did you tried both cpu's with only one RAM stick with each CPU?

and remove all other connected equipment, like PCIe cards, HDDs, .. something weird is going on..

did you tried both cpu's with only one RAM stick with each CPU?
and remove all other connected equipment, like PCIe cards, HDDs, .. something weird is going on..
Yep I think the board must be at fault I'm waiting for a reply from Supermicro but not looking good.

As they suggested to reinstall the bios.

Yep I think the board must be at fault I'm waiting for a reply from Supermicro but not looking good.

As they suggested to reinstall the bios.

Omg just posted with the 2 E5645

Put I I put 3 stick of ram in blue slots.

Going to swap to X5690 try get post then add extra ram!

fb75df3d33ca195afd0f59aa2c6ae043.jpg

Omg just posted with the 2 E5645 
Put I I put 3 stick of ram in blue slots.

Going to swap to X5690 try get post then add extra ram!

fb75df3d33ca195afd0f59aa2c6ae043.jpg&key=cb5f005fd484ebcba696e8bf14fa8f339e734dae0b5f74f85276deff02b4d12c
Just my luck it didn't work, so now Iv put the 2 E5645 back in and it's working!

Only thing I can think of is the X5690 aren't a matching pair

2e7d18ca13482e560546926a2843c8e7.jpg

12 minutes ago, bally12345 said:

Good spot looks like 2 sticks not showing. I will try later.

Unraid now showing 40Gb RAM

try re seating all sticks, if that not work, then try identify faulty ones and simply not use them.

i would go for larger sticks, 8Gb stick costs about 15EUR, 16GB stick about 25EUR on ebay.

see your Mobo manual, i often see that with all RAM Stick populated they work for slower speed. 

you can go for 4x16GB sticks - 2 per cpu.