No webui even after reboot, ssh working

Unraid 6.8.0

Earlier I found the dockers on the server being very slow and unresponsive. The webui wouldn't load, so I attempted a reboot cleanly via SSH. Powerdown, poweroff, etc, nothing worked.

I stopped the docker service, and stopped the VMs, and still couldn't reboot.

Eventually I powered the server off and on, but I still have no webui. Server has rebooted and I can get into SSH. The array is not mounted (/mnt/ is empty) but I think I might have it set not to start at boot.

I'm kind of stuck for what to do here!!

I tried to run diagnostics, but it has now been hung for about 5 mins on "Starting diagnostics collection...."

Not quite sure what else I can do here?!

Edited by rtho782

Obviously having a flash backup that can only be accessed after you have successfully booted from flash is not the best plan.

I have mine go to NTFS Automounted Unassigned Device, so I can just plug that into Windows if I need to. Another possibility is UD mounted share on another computer. Neither approach is perfect though since if those can't be mounted for some reason, the backup path is in RAM.

Yeah my first plan was to set it to back up to google drive but if I remember rightly I had massive issues getting rclone to do anything useful.

Apparently I should not have given up!

The USB seems to be toast, worse is that I think I have used up my move to a new one already and can't seem to find one in the house smaller than 64gb which, if I remember correctly, Unraid will refuse to use as it is "too large".

I am able to read from the USB and have backed it up, but writing to or checking for errors locks the PC up. I have even tried cleaning it in diskpart but that doesn't work either.

The flash drive requirement/dependency is the worst, least reliable aspect of unraid.

3 minutes ago, rtho782 said:

Am I crazy for thinking an industrial SLC flash drive could be a good idea?

Most people do not have failing flash drives. I have been using the same one for over 6 years.

I recommend a brand name USB2 flash drive 4-32GB capacity, physically large enough so it doesn't overheat. And always use it in a USB2 port.

Excellent, it's back up and running.

I've got duplicati backing up the USB to google drive daily now. I think I got that working before but promptly forgot what it was installed for and deleted it!!

I'm going to put this image here in case I have future problems and can't remember drive assignments, it's running a parity check due to the unclean shutdown but that's fine.

Thanks for all your help!

image.thumb.png.415c0bc3803c0f53c5c36e9e87d0033c.pngT