[unbootable] Upgraded from 6.6 to 6.8 and lost pci card

Long story short, I did the thing you should never do, and updated a working system...

I updated from 6.6 to 6.8 and my marvel controller card stopped working (no drive attached would show). I downgraded back to 6.6 and it still wasn't working. After reviewing some form entries I saw the note to add "iommu = pt" to syslinux.cfg

After adding the line, the system won't boot. 

I took the flash drive out and tried to find the file. But after "fixing" syslinux.cfg in Windows I will can't get the system to boot. 

Does anyone know how to recover from this? Or should I just do a fresh build of UnRaid?

No dice. I spent about 2 hours at this in various configurations. Ultimately, I even tried a clean install of UnRaid and booted to the GUI and got nothing in both 6.6 and 6.8.

The Mozilla page shown by the GUI said it couldn't find "localhost".

Any "successful" attempt (using the recommendation above) forced UnRaid to grab an IP way out of DHCP or static IP world (my default from the backed up UnRaid flash drive is to use a static IP).

The only interface was called br0 and when forced to take the correct IP, didn't show up in my router, and was not able to be pinged. 

Most worrisome is that, when booting with a clean install of 6.6.7 (with no changes to the config folder), UnRaid still seems to know my root password. It's not blank. Or the UnRaid default. I can only explain this with corruption to a HDD (like there's some UnRaid data stored on one of my data drives??).

I'm at a loss. I even suspect hardware now. 

I'm going to try an UnRaid install on a new computer tomorrow night. And I will move my drives over, one by one, after I see that I can even create a stable system to start with. 

I cannot recommend adding "iommu = pt" as a resolution to ANY problem involving a data card.