Decrypt disks

So for example I can do it disk by disk, one by one, just copy everything from single disk away and then? I will have one encrypted empty disk, how to make him unencrypted?

Or I need to copy away everything from my disks? Will be a problem (50 TB) :-)

Thanks for advice

V.

7 minutes ago, VladoB said:

So for example I can do it disk by disk, one by one, just copy everything from single disk away and then? I will have one encrypted empty disk, how to make him unencrypted?

Yes.   Once you have emptied a disk you can click on it on the Main tab and change the file system type to e an unencrypted one.   When you return to the Main tab it should show as unmountable with an option to format it.   After formatting it then it will be available to hold files on the now unencrypted drive.

Having said all that I see no obvious reason to not keep the drives in encrypted form as they should be readable on any new Unraid build, and also on a standard Linux system.

Dear itimpi

so you say that when I take out one of the encrypted disks and connect to linux comp I can read it? Can you just let me know how? I need to test it, just to be sure that when I start building new machine, I am prepared for any failure possible

Thanks

V