Home Server Suggestions

p.wrangles

Evening Wonderfull Unraiders!

Im looking to upgrade my current Home Server (HP Microserver Gen 8, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Intel Xeon E3-1265L 2.4GHz Quad Core). I host the below:

Plex Media Server

PiHole

Bitwarden

Paperless

Code-Server

NextCloud

Unifi Controller

Unifi NVR

Home Assistant (fairly large deployment)

Along with all the usual DB's / Monitoring Tools / Visualisation Tools etc

30 Container in total and 25 of them running all the time.

I also occasional start up a Mac VM which I use for 3D printing.

The system has started to become slow, especially when I have 4 streams transcoding which is quite often at the moment.

I have 5HDD's and 1 SSD which (the HP only has 4 Bays) so I would like a new case that can take AT LEAST 6 drive's, possibly more, and ideally, rack mounted - maybe 4U?

As far as CPU's / Motherboards go - I have NO CLUE.

It would be great to be able to use my existing 16GB of RAM but its not the end of the world if I can't.

Hoping you guys can point me in the direction of some awesome affordable stuff :) 

I have only built one system so far, so I will let other chime in as they will be far more capable than I to point you in the right direction. But I was wondering if you have a GPU in your current setup capable of handling the transcoding? Seems to me it would be cheaper and easier to switch to (or add one) the GPU if general slowness during transcoding is the biggest issue at the moment.