Drivers for ASPEED BMCs

• 1 month later...

I think we just need help installing the drivers manually.  I've never done that so I will not try it without help.

I agree, the new drivers should be included in Unraid.  My above post includes the direct link to the latest drivers we need and this thread is in the Feature Request. We  just need LT to respond and add them.  :)

This is very strange, as I have never run into an instance in 30+ years of working with OS's that write to the console not working with a standard 25x80 character display. Something has got to be very broken with that video BIOS.

I can understand if it was the GUI boot option that was giving all the problems, but the 25x80 text only display should work regardless of drivers.

Do other live distro's or console utilities work completely ok? If so, which ones work?

Also requesting addition of updated Aspeed AST2400 BMC drivers in next release.  

Text character display mode still functions, but GUI mode returns blank screen since BMC updated to address security issue.  Blank screen persists in both IPMI console and vga monitor output when in GUI mode.

MB:  Supermicro X10SRM-TF bios v3.2 IPMI v3.86

Unraid : v6.8.2

You can downgrade the BMC fw to 1.48 and video will work again.  Or, figure out how to install the new drivers manually.  I have not had time to look into how to do that, so I just downgraded and left it for now.

I hope the new drivers are included in the next build.

I forgot to mention that in another thread, I was given advice that looks like it might be a easy fix.  I will try that when I get time.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/88719-monitor-display-is-blank-after-unraid-is-up-and-running/?tab=comments#comment-827308

Edited by Switchblade