IOMMU Support

Hey there, I have recently set up an unraid box with an Intel Xeon X5660, 8GB RAM, Gigabyte X58a-UD5 Motherboard and an AMD R9 290 GPU. I wish to pass the 290 through to a windows VM to be able to play games via steam inhome streaming and use the unraid box on a 4k TV in the living room. As far as I am aware, the X5660 and the X58 Chipset support VT-x and VT-d, but when I boot into unraid it shows up as IOMMU is disabled. When I am in the BIOS i cannot find a setting that specifically says VT-d, only intel virtualisation settings - Enable or Disable. Am I missing something or does either the X5660 or the Gigabyte board not actually support VT-d and only VT-x? Current BIOS version is FF1 (Gigabyte Beta BIOS).

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Chuffs

• 6 months later...

Hello

I have exactly the same Motherboard with an X5680 just received, I try some operations in this way, Gigabyte Standard bios doesn't have VT-D option for sure.

this requires a modded bios with hidden menu but for the moment my tries failed. For the moment I have VT-X problem and I'll flash back to standard bios.

If I find something I'll keep you informed