[solved} 6.8.1-rc1 Killed my server, possibly....

I have been running 6.8 stable for a couple of weeks with no problems. Last weekend, after adding some nzbs to sabz, I noticed that they were not being added. I then restarted the container, however it failed to come back up. Then the dashboard hung and would not load, Main would load only the top half (disk Info) or if I scrolled to bottom of page quickly enough, it would load the reboot, mover options (but no the disk info at the top of the page). I rebooted the server, but the issues remained. I then downgraded to the previous version, and all seemed well.

Today I decided to upgrade to the 6.8.1-rc1 version, and everything appeared to go well, for about 2 hours! For that entire time I was in a Ubuntu VM with a passed through KB monitor and mouse, administering the server. Without any indication or notification the monitor screen went blank. 

I then jumped on seperate PC, but could not open an ssh session nor ping it. The server still appeared to be running (i.e. it hadn't power cycled).

I manually fat fingered the server, and it will not reboot.  It hangs at the screenshot below (prior to this only other thing is that an unclean shutdown was detected, and dirty bit set, clearing dirty bit, as I would expect on a system crash), then once timeout is complete stalls completely after the pps3 worker is killed.

Is there going to be anything retrievable on the flas before I flatten and rebuild (obviously no logs due ot crash and restart/hang)?

image.png

image.png

Edited by Duggie264
to mark as solved, as condition hasn not repeated itself.

trurl - many thanks for your replies, yes, memory is fine, and no I couldn't get any diagnostics as I lost the system completely - You are right about the log server though, I should really get one up and running!

Cheers,

Duggie

Edited by Duggie264
To correct idiocy...