[Support] Paperless Docker

T0a

7 hours ago, vakilando said:

Ok, I've searched and found this issue on github: https://github.com/the-paperless-project/paperless/issues/681

In short: "...it looks like embedding the OCR'd text back into the PDF is not in scope for this project..."

For this reason, I've updated my workflow from [Scan to PDF] -> [ocrmypdf-auto] -> [paperless].

In the paperless log, it skips ocr because it recognizes text in the PDF. You get the best of both worlds because it still loads in the text in paperless for correspondents and tags. So far so good.

Edited by bigbangus
syntax
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

thanks for this docker, i had previously used one from Git hub, and migrated to yours some time ago. its been working awesome.

But... I have now run into a problem, with papereless, not your docker. It appears to be a know issue where a bad year value causes the web interface to fail to load when you click on Documents. See Here: https://github.com/the-paperless-project/paperless/issues/414

So I need to get into the sqlite db and find the bad value to clear it out. However, I cannot figure out how to accomplish this inside the docker. If i drop into my docker (docker exec -it paperless /bin/bash) and try to run "./manage.py dbshell" it failed because sqlite3 is not installed:

bash-5.0# ./manage.py dbshell
CommandError: You appear not to have the 'sqlite3' program installed or on your path.
bash-5.0# which sqlite3
bash-5.0#

Any ideas on how i can most easily get in there?

PS. I know this thread is fairly old, but there were a few request for scanner recommendations. Anyone looking for a scanner recommendation - Iook into Raven. I had a neatdesk scanner for many many years, but they quite supporting the hardware and as a result I could no longer get it to work with modern operating systems. And it was really only designed to work with their software so you had to export to a pdf to get it into paperless. The time had come to replace it and I found out about the Raven and it seemed perfect. I just purchased a raven scanner (the original not the pro) and i am extremely happy with it. It does not require an computer (has  a built in android tablet), does OCR automatically, and supports directly scanning to SMB shares. So i have it configured to drop them right in my /consume directory from the unraid share - its great! Read the reviews - their customer service is top notch and they continue to improve the product. When I was looking at the scanner I did a live chat on their website and was immediately connected to someone who was able to very quickly and accurately answer my very specific questions. There was a coupon when I first looked, but I decided to pull the trigger and buy the next day and the coupon was gone. I went to their website and chatted with them and then enable a new coupon right then! Then Raven reached out and asked to setup a time to talk to me after my purchase to get my feedback and answer any questions I might have. Keep in mind, I'm just a regular guy - not given a promo or anything like that. They opened a feature request based on one of my suggestions and were going to look into a small bug/issues. I was given nothing for this recommendations - I am just really thrilled to see a geat product with excellent customer support and I want them to succeed! I am a very happy customer!

Found a solution to my issue.

In case anyone happes to encounter the same issue in the future:

Turns out LinuxServers has a dockerr for the sqlitebrowser I installed that and mounted up my paperless appdata share, opened up the database and found the offending date in thee documents table(the year was 0020 instead of 2020). I changed the value, applies, and wrote the change. tada! all better.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 5:55 AM, T0a said:

Hello paperless users,

unfortunately, paperless hasn't received a lot of updates and bug fixes in the past few month. Even pull requests are not merged for some time now. Though, paperless runs rocks solid and gets the job done!

For some time now, there is a well-maintained fork of paperless out there. It's called paperless-ng and I'm happy to announce that paperless-ng is officially available via Unraids community application store (CA store).

Let me briefly outline a few improvements over the existing solution:

• New front end build with Angular. It features full text search with scored and highlighted results, savable filters, a dashboard, and document uploading on the landing page.
  • Mobile support is also almost there. Some layouts don't work yet on small screens.
  • New mail consumer that supports multiple accounts and custom filters and actions. Fully tested!
  • Paperless-ng trains a neural network on your documents and assigns tags and correspondents automatically, if you instruct it to do so.
  • Updated dependencies.
  • More tests of critical backend parts.
  • A proper task processing queue that can consume multiple documents in parallel. Consumption of many documents is now blazing fast on multi core system. Fixed much of the consumer code, so that it does not block the database during consumption, for instance.
  • Paperless-ng now uses OCRmyPDF to perform OCR on documents. It still uses tesseract under the hood, but the PDF parser of Paperless has changed considerably and will behave different for some documents (also see PAPERLESS_OCR_MODE @bigbangus @vakilando).
  • Compatible with the paperless iOS and Android app

There is even more. So, don't miss to check out the documentation too! Jonas, the maintainer of paperless-ng, is a highly motivated dev and currently he works towards the first stable release 1.0. Thus, the current version of paperless-ng is flagged as beta in the CA store.

If you are interested in paperless-ng and want to support Jonas, please test paperless-ng and give him feedback. You can find a migration guide here too. Be warned, paperless-ng has received a lot of changes and you might encounter bugs. So, whatever you are doing get your backup right first!

Also make sure to read the product vision of paperless-ng first, before submitting feature requests. Things like multi-user support are not in the scope of the project for example. That being said:

• Issues with paperless-ng go here
  • Issues with the Unraid setup go here

Happy testing and stay healthy!

I was going through the logs and noticed that I was getting this error. i actually came from a fresh install of paperless-ng and I was wondering what step I might be missing because I can't seem to find where I would put the redis password. (assuming this is the authentication error the logs are eluding to)

(image.thumb.png.62af38a9ef48babcbcd9d585bfd49cbd.png

Edited by jaychu
On 12/24/2020 at 6:17 AM, jaychu said:

I was going through the logs and noticed that I was getting this error. i actually came from a fresh install of paperless-ng and I was wondering what step I might be missing because I can't seem to find where I would put the redis password. (assuming this is the authentication error the logs are eluding to)

(image.thumb.png.62af38a9ef48babcbcd9d585bfd49cbd.png

Please post your issue to the paperless-ng support thread. See my post: "Issues with the Unraid setup go here". This thread here is meant for issues with the original paperless docker container. My first case would be that your document is password protected. Further diagnostics in the other thread then.

Edited by T0a
  • 3 months later...

I am getting an error here. I think it is because I have not done step 1. What does it mean to mount the consume folder in the Nextcloud docker? How should I adjust the docker template? Should I use the user/pass for the unraid account? Should I use the local ip or outside domain?

/mnt/user/paperless/consume/  Is this the right format for the configuration I nextcloud external storage settings?

Thanks in advance.

P.S - I was able to get ftp to work, but my guess is WebDav is better.

2.1 WebDav Scan App with Nextcloud

I also want to share my scanning workflow with Paperless and Nextcloud (See https://blog.kilian.io/paperless/as reference). With the app ScannerPro, I can upload my scanned files to a Nextcloud folder via WebDav from my mobile device. This folder functions as Paperless consume folder and grabs the files and imports them to Paperless. Following steps required for the setup:

1. Mount the paperless /consume folder in the Nextcloud docker container via unRaids Docker template editor

2. Enable the external storage app as Nextcloud admin. The app can be found in the apps dropdown hidden in disabled apps.

3. Add the mounted consume/ folder as local storage for your Nextcloud user with name paperless-consume (Settings -> External Storage)

4. Configure the Nextcloud paperless-consume folder as WebDav target in your scan app

screencapture-settings-admin-externalstorages-2021-04-23-18_19_55.png

screencapture-galaxy-local-Docker-UpdateContainer-2021-04-23-18_25_07.png

Edited by Profezor
Image problems
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 2:06 AM, touz said:

Was anyone able to make it work with Gotenberg for Office documents? I can't seem to make the thecodingmachine container work on Unraid, for some reason (though I'm very new to docker).

I faced the same problem... i cracked my brane trying to understand what was wrong and all the information avaliable online was too generic for this unraid instalation.

Finaly today i got it, look here:

https://github.com/Tooa/paperless-ng/commit/2dcacaee147abfdccdca4e20262bae749c60be97

With this changes i have my paperless-ng processing office documents!

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2021 at 9:25 AM, Profezor said:

I am getting an error here. I think it is because I have not done step 1. What does it mean to mount the consume folder in the Nextcloud docker? How should I adjust the docker template? Should I use the user/pass for the unraid account? Should I use the local ip or outside domain?

/mnt/user/paperless/consume/  Is this the right format for the configuration I nextcloud external storage settings?

Thanks in advance.

P.S - I was able to get ftp to work, but my guess is WebDav is better.

2.1 WebDav Scan App with Nextcloud

I also want to share my scanning workflow with Paperless and Nextcloud (See https://blog.kilian.io/paperless/as reference). With the app ScannerPro, I can upload my scanned files to a Nextcloud folder via WebDav from my mobile device. This folder functions as Paperless consume folder and grabs the files and imports them to Paperless. Following steps required for the setup:

1. Mount the paperless /consume folder in the Nextcloud docker container via unRaids Docker template editor

2. Enable the external storage app as Nextcloud admin. The app can be found in the apps dropdown hidden in disabled apps.

3. Add the mounted consume/ folder as local storage for your Nextcloud user with name paperless-consume (Settings -> External Storage)

4. Configure the Nextcloud paperless-consume folder as WebDav target in your scan app

screencapture-settings-admin-externalstorages-2021-04-23-18_19_55.png

screencapture-galaxy-local-Docker-UpdateContainer-2021-04-23-18_25_07.png

Does anyone know how to get WebDav working please?

• trurl locked this topic