shell in a box

lt72884

Ok, i hope this is the right place because a google search brought me here about tcp tunneling

I guess ill post my question and see if i can get to where i need to go. I currently have windows 10 at home. I am looking for a portable usb pakcage that will create a tcp tunnel to my home pc from school. so that while im at school, i can ssh to my home pc and access my files.  Since i am using a school pc, i cant install anything so i need it to be able to run off of usb.

the reason i have to do this, my ISP blocks ftp, http, ssh, and rdp at the protocol level via DPI, not just the port.  I live in the states and have contacted my isp. they say i can use tunnels as much as i want.  My school says the same, i just cant install any vpn drivers or new software while on school computers, hence the need for a secure tunnel to my PC.

thnaks. Please forgive if in wrong place. google brought me here and im feeling like this may not be the place haha

Maybe go a little further with your Google. This forum is about Unraid, a NAS (Network Attached Storage) OS (Operating System) with features for hosting VMs (Virtual Machines) and Dockers.

Since you posted in Lounge I decided to allow it. Maybe someone here will have some ideas for you, but obviously this is the wrong place.

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Maybe go a little further with your Google. This forum is about Unraid, a NAS (Network Attached Storage) OS (Operating System) with features for hosting VMs (Virtual Machines) and Dockers.

Since you posted in Lounge I decided to allow it. Maybe someone here will have some ideas for you, but obviously this is the wrong place.

ok, thats what i was thinking to. i did explore the forums before posting and felt the lounge was my best hope haha.  thanks for letting it stay.