error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

Hi,

I'm using Unraid version 6.8.0 as seen in the screenshot in attached.

Everything is working great, just fine actually !

I have an array and 2 VMs that start automatically.  Working fine !

I have noticed today that I get the following 2 errors during boot of Unraid that I never noticed before.  It doesn't seem to affect anything, but was curious if anyone could tell me why and how to fix it !

error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

error: Failed to connect socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory

Please see attached photo as for reference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

IMG_0236.png

Edited by Ginfrecss

Same here.

Not sure if it is since 6.8.0, but when I boot in GUI mode the GUI won‘t show up and it stays in the command line as seen on the picture you have attached.

Does your Unraid Server behave the same when booting in GUI mode?

1 hour ago, Melo said:

Same here.

Not sure if it is since 6.8.0, but when I boot in GUI mode the GUI won‘t show up and it stays in the command line as seen on the picture you have attached.

Does your Unraid Server behave the same when booting in GUI mode?

if you login at the prompt and use the df command does it show something mounted as /boot?   

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem.
Yet libvirt-sock exists ?

My terminal :

root@AAA:~# ls /var/run/libvirt/
hostdevmgr/          libvirt-sock-ro=  nodedev/           secrets/               virtlockd.pid
interface/           libvirtd.pid      nwfilter/          storage/               virtlogd-admin-sock=
libvirt-admin-sock=  lockd/            nwfilter-binding/  virtlockd-admin-sock=  virtlogd-sock=
libvirt-sock=        network/          qemu/              virtlockd-sock=        virtlogd.pid
root@AAA:~# ls -lh /var/run/libvirt/
total 12K
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root   40 Feb 15 16:20 hostdevmgr/
drwx------ 2 root root   60 Feb 15 16:20 interface/
srwx------ 1 root users   0 Feb 15 16:20 libvirt-admin-sock=
srwxrwx--- 1 root users   0 Feb 15 16:20 libvirt-sock=
srwxrwxrwx 1 root users   0 Feb 15 16:20 libvirt-sock-ro=
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    5 Feb 15 16:20 libvirtd.pid
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   40 Dec 20 22:53 lockd/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  140 Feb 15 16:20 network/
drwx------ 2 root root   60 Feb 15 16:20 nodedev/
drwx------ 2 root root   60 Feb 15 16:20 nwfilter/
drwx------ 2 root root   40 Feb 15 16:20 nwfilter-binding/
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root  120 Feb 15 16:20 qemu/
drwx------ 2 root root   60 Feb 15 16:20 secrets/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root   80 Feb 15 16:20 storage/
srwx------ 1 root root    0 Feb 15 16:20 virtlockd-admin-sock=
srwx------ 1 root root    0 Feb 15 16:20 virtlockd-sock=
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    5 Feb 15 16:20 virtlockd.pid
srwx------ 1 root root    0 Feb 15 16:20 virtlogd-admin-sock=
srwx------ 1 root root    0 Feb 15 16:20 virtlogd-sock=
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    5 Feb 15 16:20 virtlogd.pid

4 minutes ago, Sosk91 said:

Since then I get this error message at startup and especially this plugin that doesn't start anymore.

It's the Virtual BMC portion of the plugin that doesn't start up, and you're best posting in the support thread for the plugin regarding all this.  (There's a support link within the Plugins Tab for it)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having this exact same issue. My VM tab is not even present in the WebUI.

This happened after I had a strange issue with unRAID where I could not access the WebUI nor ssh, so had to force restart unRAId. After the restart now i see this same error and in the WebUI i can't see my VM tab.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 2:23 AM, JesterEE said:

I traced this issue to the installation of the VM Backup Plugin.  I will be cross posting in that thread about this issue.

-JesterEE

Hi

New install a couple of days ago and installed lots of plugins and 3 VMs. After a force restart I have the same errors on boot and cannot access webUI.

You say you traced it to this plugin which I do have but what makes you think its that? I saw your post on the plugin thread but I see nothing to indicate why you are sure this is the cause? 

And is there a repair other than reinstall ALL MY UNRAID AGAIN!? Please no...

2 hours ago, methanoid said:

Hi

New install a couple of days ago and installed lots of plugins and 3 VMs. After a force restart I have the same errors on boot and cannot access webUI.

You say you traced it to this plugin which I do have but what makes you think its that? I saw your post on the plugin thread but I see nothing to indicate why you are sure this is the cause? 

And is there a repair other than reinstall ALL MY UNRAID AGAIN!? Please no...

I disabled all my plugins and restarted.  Then I enabled one plugin at a time and restarted till it popped up.  As soon as I turned on the VM Backup plugin it started happening.  I disabled all the other plugins and restarted (keeping the VM Backup plugin enabled) and restarted.  Still there.

Check with the VM Backup plugin support thread to see if there is any info on an update there.  If not, no, there is no "repair" and a reinstall won't help.

• Thanks 1
  • JorgeB locked this topic