Unraid OS version 6.8.1 available

limetech

On 1/12/2020 at 6:28 PM, Helmonder said:

Whoops... this is the message I am getting ! No boot...

I rebooted and tried again... Worked without an issue.. So file system corruption does not seem a likely cause ?

I have the same problem. 

by deactivating the cpu isolation and it's working again, any idea why? (AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X)

sometimes by booting a virtual machine the whole server could not respond to a reboot as well. 

not a success for me this update from 6.8.0 to 6.8.1...

Edited by Nosirus

Upgraded from 6.8.0 to 6.8.1 and got the "killed" error as detailed in a few posts above. Put the USB in a windows machine which ran scan disk and found no errors.   Popped the USB back in the server and it booted up.  My opinion is the server just needed to be shut down instead of a warm reboot. 

In other news, nvidia plugin would not work and the only version they had was 6.8.0 so I installed version of the nvidia plugin and now I'm back to 6.8.0 of unraid. 

Damn! 

• Like 1
On 1/15/2020 at 10:23 AM, Nosirus said:

I have the same problem. 

by deactivating the cpu insulation and it's working again, any idea why? (AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X)

sometimes by booting a virtual machine the whole server could not respond to a reboot as well. 

not a success for me this update from 6.8.0 to 6.8.1...

I upgraded my server (AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X) and had no problems whatsoever.  Uptime is a little over 2 days, have not had issues with booting, dockers, VMs, etc.  I'm not sure what you mean by "cpu insulation"?  My MB is the ASRock x399 Taichi, if it matters.  Full specs in signature line.

14 hours ago, eds said:

In other news, nvidia plugin would not work and the only version they had was 6.8.0 so I installed version of the nvidia plugin and now I'm back to 6.8.0 of unraid. 

Not really news. You should take a closer look at the explanations of what the nvidia plugin actually does. TLDR; it does not install nvidia drivers on unRAID, rather it provides a means to install a custom version of unRAID with nvidia drivers baked in. As it is developed by a third-party, and is quite complex, a new version is not yet available. 

11 hours ago, ufopinball said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "cpu insulation"?

My money would by on "cpu isolation". 

20 hours ago, x64 said:

Can anyone confirm if 8.1 fixes the slow plex problem 8.0 had?

What slow plex problem?

20 hours ago, x64 said:

Yikes. Never seen this many update pains before

Par for the course.  People very rarely post "all is good", and only ever post problems.  How often do people post good reviews vs bad reviews on any given product in the world?

Probably close to 99.99% of the upgrades went uneventful.

Of the 81 replies to this thread, 17 were "all is good".  Probably a reasonably safe bet that everyone who had a problem with their upgrade would have posted.  So, excluding the replies to help etc say roughly 10 people had problems.

I'm fairly confident that more than 27 people have installed the upgrade, and just can't be bothered to post "yeah it's good".

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Squid said:

I'm fairly confident that more than 27 people have installed the upgrade, and just can't be bothered to post "yeah it's good".

Upgraded with no trouble at all, some weirdness with terminal windows in Firefox, but that's more likely to be the 8 million privacy extensions I've got running. So, yeah, it's good

EDIT: Fixed it. Just needed to grant permission for the terminal window to 'Extract Canvas Data'

Edited by Yak

So I guess I'm one of the few that has experienced an issue, yay.  (See earlier post, with my config attached)

I'm not familiar with the process limetech uses to dispensate/respond to those of us that are having issues with the upgrade....can anyone help me with a description of that process?

4 hours ago, x64 said:

Several people on the Unraid subreddit had very slow metadata scraping with 8.0 that vanished when they downgraded.

I've noticed a few items failing to pull metadata automatically. I didn't make a connection to unRAID, but in hindsight it did start around 6.8.0 upgrade as well as other minor SMB issues. 

I haven't upgraded to 6.8.1 yet.

Edited by WashingtonMatt
20 hours ago, primeval_god said:

Not really news. You should take a closer look at the explanations of what the nvidia plugin actually does. TLDR; it does not install nvidia drivers on unRAID, rather it provides a means to install a custom version of unRAID with nvidia drivers baked in. As it is developed by a third-party, and is quite complex, a new version is not yet available. 

It's news if you're using that plugin like a lot of other people.

Do not know if issue is new with 6.8.1 but docker port mappings does not work/show correctly. I’ve got UniFi controller as docker image with opened UDP port 10001 but it does not show up in ip:port mappings on Docker page. I can see that Docker re-start this is a parameter but UnRaid not seeing it and most probably not open as unifi AP cannot adopt and this port is used for it

• jonp unpinned this topic