Unraid OS version 6.8.1 available

limetech

17 minutes ago, Markus Riekki said:

Do not know if issue is new with 6.8.1 but docker port mappings does not work/show correctly

Port mappings are only relevant when BRIDGE network is used. Other network types give unrestricted access to the container ports.

If you need help, please post under the support topic

Edited by bonienl
On 1/14/2020 at 11:04 PM, sonofdbn said:

Is anyone else experiencing slower copy speeds? Previously I was on 6.5.3 and upgraded to 6.7.2, but went back to 6.5.3 because copying speeds from my SSD cache drive to the array went down substantially: from about 74 MB/s to  52 MB/s. Now I've upgraded from 6.5.3 to 6.8.1 and unfortunately am experiencing the same slow copy speeds (in fact possibly even slightly slower).

Still wondering if this is just me. Or is this a known issue or some setting I should change?

On 1/17/2020 at 9:37 PM, Yak said:

Upgraded with no trouble at all, some weirdness with terminal windows in Firefox, but that's more likely to be the 8 million privacy extensions I've got running. So, yeah, it's good

EDIT: Fixed it. Just needed to grant permission for the terminal window to 'Extract Canvas Data'

THANK YOU!  I couldn't figure the terminal thing out!

On 1/18/2020 at 7:37 AM, Yak said:

Upgraded with no trouble at all, some weirdness with terminal windows in Firefox, but that's more likely to be the 8 million privacy extensions I've got running. So, yeah, it's good

EDIT: Fixed it. Just needed to grant permission for the terminal window to 'Extract Canvas Data'

What was the problem you were experiencing? I generally use Firefox and noted that I cant see any text when I open the terminal window from the menu bar. There is text there because when I do CTRL+A CTRL+C I can paste into a text document.

Is that the problem you're having? If so where did you make the change to get it to work?

Just upgraded to 6.8.1 from 6.7.2.  After reboot, the server frozed at the login prompt and I couldn't access the GUI nor login via the command prompt using IPMI.  So I hard rebooted again.

I can now login at the login prompt via IPMI, but still cannot access the GUI or via telnet.  I cannot access my shares through Windows either. 

I also noticed the IPv4 address at the login prompt is not correct.  I don't know where it got that IP address.

Please advice.

Update 

Sent a Ctrl+Alt+Del via IPMI and let the server rebooted again.  This time the correct IPv4 address is shown at the login prompt and I can now access the GUI.  First time since v4.7 that I had trouble upgrading.  Hopefully all is well.

Edited by mifronte
10 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

What was the problem you were experiencing? I generally use Firefox and noted that I cant see any text when I open the terminal window from the menu bar. There is text there because when I do CTRL+A CTRL+C I can paste into a text document.

Is that the problem you're having? If so where did you make the change to get it to work?

Yep, a new terminal window was blank on opening.

In the terminal window click on the permissions icon (LH side of the address bar just before the IP address, the padlock and two lines) Then allow 'Extract Canvas Data' (Firefox attempts to stop canvas  fingerprint tracking) and all should be good.

You can also click on the shield icon and disable Enhanced Tracking Protection for your Unraid server

Edited by Yak
17 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

Firefox since at least version 57 (much longer for sure) has had an issue with black text on black background fields in some CSS elements. I know this happens in Gnome, xfce and KDE. It is much worse if you have a dark theme enabled. I don't use Windows so I don't know about that OS. It can be mitigated via a CSS tweak. The Firefox developers say that this is not an issue due to pages written purely in CSS, not due to a Firefox bug, if you consider native input styles to be a feature rather than a bug. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1283086

2 hours ago, TheMannequin said:

Only noticed this now.... on the Dashboard view, CPU 0 is pegged at 100% usage.....but Stats and top shows that the usage is normal...?959900437_CPU0usage.jpg.ad196ba838933e518887d45479590647.jpg2100740984_statsandtop.thumb.jpg.97d13f8d4e7cf69385c7e84aafe5ab9f.jpg

EDIT: I stopped all VM's and Dockers, but still shows CPU 0 at 100% usage....

you can see your load is 1.x which aligns with one of the cpus being pegged. your not showing all the processes in top.. try: top -b1

Edited by zoggy
5 minutes ago, sparkus said:

@Tucubanito07 might be the same error that @fatalfurry and I reported earlier.  

nobody from unraid has really responded to it.

I dont see where he states he is having issues with Plex. I see he was having issues with C-States. I was able to get in and everything seems to be working on 6.8.1 for me. Plex did not start and and after manually trying to start it, it would say Execution Failed. On 6.8.1 i did a restore and still the same issues. Then, i did a downgrade to 6.8.0 and Plex started to work again. Just weird. I never have issues upgrading before. Which is fine i know unraid will get to the bottom of it. Thanks @sparkus

1 minute ago, Paul_Ber said:

Or does UNraid normally take forever to boot?

You should first look at the boot process as I believe the bz* are either (1) copied and unzipped or (2) unzipped directly to memory.  (But before that happens any BIOS's any add-in cards have to initialized.)  Then the installation process starts in earnest.  I said installation as Unraid is installed every time, you restart the server.  You can see when the reading of most of the information has been read from the flash drive when the screen starts to display the installation steps.  The flash drive will now only be read to get the configuration data and plugin installation information. 

So put a stop watch to the boot process and see what percentage of the time (it is right at the bottom of the screen), the flash drive is actually being read.

Now, I am going to tell a story about my first Unraid server.  The BIOS on that very old AMD MB only had drivers for USB1.  It took foreeevvvver to load the bz* files to memory (minutes) and a few seconds to finish the install. 

• jonp unpinned this topic