Cache drive remaining full

unBrain

Hi,

I'm new to Unraid so I'm trying a few things, and among them I tried adding a cache drive to my arrray.

Simple SSD 180Go.

I have a single share atm with all my files in it. I set the cache option of this share is on 'Prefer'.

Now the problem is the cache SSD is full.

So I added a schedule for the mover every 4h to do it's thing.

So it would at least move my files to my share on the array. After which I started the mover from the 'Main' tab by clicking the 'Move Now' button.

Still the same. Nothing changed. I tried to disable the cache option on my share and start the mover again and still nothing.

My cache SSD is still full and my files are still only on the cache SSD and not on the array share.

What am I doing wrong ?

I want to remove my cache drive for the moment but I don't want to lose the files on it.

Sorry if I missed something obvious.

9 minutes ago, unBrain said:

I set the cache option of this share is on 'Prefer'.

9 minutes ago, unBrain said:

So it would at least move my files to my share on the array.

Setting the share to be "Prefer" means that the share prefers to be on the cache drive.  IE: Mover will try to move all the files from the array to the cache drive.

You want "Yes" which means that mover will move from the cache drive to the array.  Pressing the Help icon on the top right of the GUI will explain all the options.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Back before prefer was an option, yes or no or only seemed pretty intuitive. Now that we have prefer, yes and prefer are both confusing lots of people. Maybe we should give up on the one-word description of the cache options.

I wonder if someone could think of an alternative to Yes that might be relatively intuitive concerning the actual behavior.   If we could do that the other settings might be OK.